BackgroundIn Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, players will compete in events that take place in environments based on the official venues of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Using a supporting cast of characters from the amazing worlds of both Mario and Sonic, gamers will be able to compete as or against a range of lovable personalities including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Yoshi, Tails and more. Innovative usage of the Wii and DS control systems to maneuver a favorite character will allow players to race the likes of Mario and Sonic down the 100m track, engage in exhilarating rallies in table tennis and churn water in a swimming heat, all while competing for the much sought after gold medal.
- Compete in stylized Olympic venues with authentic sports and events to choose from including track & field, archery, skeet shooting, table tennis, gymnastics and more.
- Select your favorite playing style from the all-star cast of Mario and Sonic characters with four player types to choose from: all-around, technical, speed, and power.
Examples: Mario (All-around), Peach (Technical), Yoshi (Speed), Bowser (Power), Sonic (Speed), Knuckles (Power), Tails (Technical), Amy (All-around).
- Game Modes: Try out each event individually with Single Match mode, compete for the highest overall score in a series of events in Circuit Mode, or take on challenges created specifically for each character in the Mission Mode. Up to four players can play together on the Wii.
- Unlockable stages where familiar items from the worlds of Mario and Sonic enhance the challenge of each unique event.
Official URLOfficial Site
Daffila and 264 others own Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Game Over and 39 others played Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
- Genre: General Sports (Wii)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Sega
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Nov 6, 2007 Europe Nov 23, 2007 Japan Nov 22, 2007 Australia Nov 22, 2007
- Also known as:
- Mario & Sonic at Beijing Olympics in Japan