BackgroundFeaturing the image of two-time FIFA World Player of the Year Ronaldinho on the cover, the 2008 edition of FIFA once again is set to rock the world for fans of the beautiful game. The whole family can play FIFA Soccer 08 on the Wii with a flick of the wrist. Play the traditional and authentic way or in a new party mode called Footii Party with Ronaldinho where you can play Juggling, Table Soccer or Boot It with your own Mii characters to unlock a customized Ronaldinho character to take on the champ. The in-game Soccer Academy makes it easy to learn the basic and FreeMotion advanced controls in more than 30 interactive tutorials, or let the game give you an assist with EA SPORTS Family Play. EA's award-winning Interactive Leagues online play is also featured.
GameplayFIFA 08 challenges players to master the skills required to play like a professional player. Fans around the world can experience the same highs and lows of real-world players and tackle the challenges they face on a daily basis.
The FIFA 08 next-gen gameplay engine, built to maximize the power of the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and the PLAYSTATION 3 computer and entertainment system, delivers animations and ball control that is so responsive you feel like you are actually on the pitch. Players are now aware of their surroundings, reacting authentically to threats and opportunities to make intelligent decisions.
Now with the FIFA 08 shooting system you can enjoy even more control and precision in front of the goal to become a true marksman.
For the first time ever, fans playing FIFA 08 will face the pressure to improve their game that real-world players endure every day. A new play mode called Be A Pro locks you in the role of a single player and challenges you to master the same disciplines as a real professional player—from positioning and tackling to reading the field and passing.
FIFA 08 now gives every football fan the chance to perform pro skills with a true next-generation organic 'building-block' system. You can combine tricks and skill moves together to recreate signature moves from the real-world superstars or define your own style of play. You can even capture video of your best moves and goals in-game and upload to the FIFA 08 website to show off your style and celebrate your glory with friends across the globe.
The award-winning Interactive Leagues debuts on the Xbox 360 and the PLAYSTATION 3 as part of the deepest online feature set to date. Represent your club online against your rivals throughout the season in the F.A. Premier League, Bundesliga, French League or Mexican 1st Division. When they play, you play. Plus, create and organize your own multiplayer Friends Leagues and tournaments with all the tools in-game.
- Intelligent - Now featuring AI with a 35-point decision engine which enables players to process 1,000 potential options and reactions every second in real time -- more than 60,000 options every minute -- via a dynamic 'Threat Map' system to capture the excitement and realism.
- Be a Pro: Offline Training - Think and react like a real professional player. Play the entire game as a fixed player while getting real time feedback and analysis on the fly. A unique camera angle keeps both player and action in focus, zooming in when you're on attack.
- Pro Skills - A new, organic building-block system enables you to combine tricks and skill moves together to recreate signature moves from the real-world superstars or define your own style of play. Animations can be interrupted at any time to transition into a new move, just like real life.
- Manual Controls - Dictate the play with new manual controls for through-passing and crossing. Now use the right-stick to quickly switch defenders and choose exactly who you want defending, when you want him.
- Online Leagues - Create and organize your own multiplayer Friends Leagues and tournaments with all the tools in-game.
- EA SPORTS Interactive Leagues: - Represent your club online against your rivals throughout the season in the F.A. Premier League, Bundesliga, French League or Mexican 1st Division. Features weekly in-game pod casts by the development team.
- Video Upload: Capture your best goals and highlights in-game and bring them online for the world to see. Upload your highlights to the FIFA 08 website to create the ultimate highlight reel to prove the stories you are telling your friends are all true. Because without the footage, it's fiction.
- Real World News - Receive up-to-the-minute news and podcasts from media outlets, including ESPN Net.
- Complete Authenticity - Dramatically more authentic and exhilarating with 620 licensed teams, 30 official leagues, and more than 15,000 players.
- Tournament Mode - Play 60 tournaments, including 35 officially licensed ones, or create one of your own.
Official URLOfficial Site
Rhys1879SAFC and 14 others own FIFA Soccer 08
Tomstan played FIFA Soccer 08
- Genre: Soccer (Wii)
- Perspective(s): Top Down
- Developer: Electronic Arts
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Oct 9, 2007 Europe September 2007 Australia Sep 27, 2007
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (2)
- Also known as:
- FIFA Football 08 in Europe
- FIFA 08 in Europe
- FIFA 08: World Class Soccer in Japan
- FIFA 08 in Australia
|Northern Ireland||New Zealand|