BackgroundHigh-speed action. Robotic insect and animal racers. Wii Wheel controls. Bowling, poker, clowns – and sandwiches! Add them all together and you get the wild, nonstop fun of Excitebots: Trick Racing.
GameplayPlayers race around tracks at high speeds while performing stunts and participating in mini-games, all in an effort to earn stars. Players win bonus stars for crossing the finish line sooner, but stunts and style are as important as speed. Stars can be traded for a variety of goodies, like new vehicles, icons and statues.
The 2 Button on the Wii Remote controller is the gas. The + Control Pad gives drivers a speed boost. Players turn the Wii Wheel accessory left or right to steer, tilt the Wii Wheel in mid-air to glide or to adjust pitch for perfect landings, swing the Wii Wheel in circular motions around boost bars to build up speed and press the A Button to activate items or to cash in hands in Poker Mode. Note: The Wii Wheel accessory is recommended but not required to race. Wii Remote controllers can be used on their own as well.
Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Just as in Excite Truck, drivers can hit blocks that morph the terrain before their eyes and create ramps from which players can launch mega-jumps. Players can aim for and swing around boost bars or open presents that unleash a variety of wild items, such as bottle rocket boosts or clacker mouths that chomp on other racers to slow them down. Players also can activate in-race mini-games including:
- Soccer: Drive into the soccer ball and attempt to hit it into the goal.
- Bowling: Drive through the pins and attempt to get a strike.
- Darts: Line up your bot and let the dart fly. Try to hit bull's-eye in the distance.
- Clowns: Hit the clown in the face with a pie by throwing it at just the right angle and speed.
- Sandwiches: Drive through the ingredients in the proper order to make a delicious sandwich.
- This game takes the big-air thrills and simple pick-up-and-play controls of Excite Truck and ramps up the fun with a constant barrage of funky challenges and mini-games performed at blinding speed. Players shoot goals, throw pies and even play poker in the middle of rowdy races around off-road tracks.
- Having your vehicles drive, walk or fly around the track quickly is one thing, but it's more important to go around in style. Players earn stars for huge jumps, cool tricks and daring feats at high speed.
- Six players can race online via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection in both Excite Race and Poker Race modes. If friends can't join online, players can exchange ghost data via WiiConnect24 and challenge their friends to outdo their most daring tricks.
Official URLOfficial Site
- bots wish would be in Mar 10
invisible and 3 others own Excitebots: Trick Racing
Marioman93 played Excitebots: Trick Racing
Hot on the heels of their monthly sales data for the games industry, NPD Group confirms that Nintendo and Monster... posted May 15, 09 6:11pm
- Genre: Racing - General (Wii)
- Theme(s): Mechs/Bionics
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Monster Games, Inc.
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Apr 20, 2009
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (6)