Game InfoDonkey Kong is making a triumphant return, along with his trusted sidekick Diddy Kong, in a brand new side-scrolling platform game from Retro Studios. Donkey Kong Country Returns, for the Wii system, has all new levels and all new chest-pounding challenges for players of all ages. The game takes inspiration from the original Super NES series, from barrel blasts to mine carts and then builds upon it by adding stunning graphics and new layers of depth to the world and game play. Donkey Kong Country Returns features the first ever simultaneous cooperative game play mode for the series allowing both novice and skilled players to actively play and experience the game together. Run, jump, climb and defeat enemies through diverse environments until you retrieve Donkey Kong's stolen banana hoard!
- Feel the power of Donkey Kong by shaking the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to perform Ground Pounds, Barrel Rolls. These moves can be used to destroy blocks, defeat enemies and reveal hidden areas. Donkey Kong also has the new ability to climb walls and ceilings.
- Diddy Kong has a few new tricks of his own. He can use his Barrel Jet to hover high above the ground or defy gravity and fly across small chasms. He can also help Donkey Kong with this ability by hopping on to Donkey Kong's back. In two player mode, a quick shake of the Wii Remote will give him the ability to fire his Peanut Popgun to assist Donkey Kong.
- The levels in Donkey Kong Country Returns are beautifully rendered and creatively designed with lots of hidden items to discover. Try to collect all of K-O-N-G Letters and hidden Puzzle Pieces in each level to unlock something special.
- In cooperative mode, players of different skill levels can play through the game together.
Jeli and 16 others played Donkey Kong Country Returns
Jeli and 76 others own Donkey Kong Country Returns
December has come and gone, and with it another calendar year of gaming. The NPD Group posts its latest monthly... posted Jan 14, 11 1:51am
- Genre: Platformer Action (Wii)
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: Retro Studios, Inc.
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Nov 21, 2010 Europe Dec 3, 2010 Japan Dec 9, 2010 Australia Dec 2, 2010
- Player Info:
- Offline Co-op (2 max)
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!
- Diddy Kong Racing DS
|Donkey Kong||Mole Miner Max|
|Animal Buddy||Squawks the Parrot|
|Hopgoon||Tiki Tak Tribe|
|Screaming Pillar||Tiki Boing|
|Banana Juice||End-Level Barrel|
|Heart Health||Ground Pound Pad|
|Puzzle Piece||Banana Coin|
|Extra Life Balloon||Animal Crate|
|Map Key||Cling Grass|