BackgroundBuilt from the ground up and developed exclusively for the Nintendo WiiTM, Dead Space Extraction is a prequel that reveals the events leading up to Isaac Clarke’s mission on the USG Ishimura in Visceral Games’ award-winning Dead Space. Dead Space Extraction marries the innovative motion controls of the Wii Remote with a frenetic first person perspective to create a new action-packed horror experience.
Dead Space Extraction tells the story of a handful of space colonists desperately struggling to escape from a horrific infection on the Aegis VII mining colony deep in the furthest regions of space. The game introduces a new heroine, Lexine to the fiction and as the crew fall victim to a mysterious contagion aboard the ship, it becomes clear that protecting her may be their only hope for survival. Dead Space Extraction introduces all new characters, weapons, enemies, puzzles and co-operative multiplayer gameplay.
GameplayIn every shadow, behind every corner, terror hides- so you can’t. Take on the struggle by yourself or with a friend to blast apart oncoming Necromorphs, solve innovative puzzles, and get to safety.
Features• An amazing story – Follow the lives of several different Aegis VII colony members as they fight off the Necromorph invasion and learn why Lexine is the key to their survival, all from a first person cinematic perspective that makes you feel like you’re really there.
• Setting and atmosphere – Play through an engrossing, interactive horror movie experience that pushes the boundaries of story-telling in a game. State-of-the art graphics and effects, panic-inducing sound, and a thrilling and scary pace will throw you headfirst into the terror which Dead Space is known for.
• New Gameplay Scenarios, Weapons, Abilities, and Enemies – Extraction offers first person dismemberment combat, epic boss fights, new weapons, enemies and puzzles while bringing back old favorites such as TK and stasis to create a unique gameplay experience.
• Cinematic Camera – Extraction uses a unique form of immersion with a cinematic first person shaky cam experience, making the game just as enjoyable to watch as it is to play.
• Co-op Optimized Gameplay – Team up with a friend to protect Lexine and fend off the Necromorphs on the USG Ishimura and the Aegis VII. Players can jump in and out of Extraction to play the Co-op mode --it’s as easy as just pushing a button on the Wii Remote.
Official URLOfficial Site
The original Dead Space was a third-person shooter in the same vein of Resident Evil...
Sega studio director Constantine Hantzopoulos (yes, really) did some divulging on the latest episode of the 4... posted Jan 04, 10 7:00pm
[image2 link=yes width=345 height=242] Releasing an M-rated title on the Wii is always taking a risk, as Electronic... posted Oct 21, 09 7:55pm
There aren't many developers or publishers out there willing to take risks in the form of "Mature" titles (however... posted Sep 04, 09 6:36pm
Electronic Arts is picking itself back up after some major restructuring, including a shift in development gears... posted Jun 29, 09 6:56pm
There has been a lot of talk about Extraction, the latest addition to the Dead Space series, and most of it looked... posted Jun 08, 09 1:20am
Here's a little evening clip for you to enjoy right before dinner. EA has just released the Dead Space Extraction... posted May 29, 09 1:00am
EA has today reveiled release dates for the Wii exclusive Dead Space Extraction, which focus on the story of space... posted May 28, 09 5:02pm
EA has released some new screenshots for their upcoming Dead Space prequel on the Wii, titled Dead Space... posted Apr 28, 09 3:39pm
Following rumours Dead Space would be making its way to the Wii (and subsequent bickering about sacrifice of... posted Feb 18, 09 5:25pm
- Genre: Action Shooter (Wii)
- Theme(s): Horror, Supernatural/Occult
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Visceral Games
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Sep 29, 2009 Europe Sep 25, 2009 Japan Oct 1, 2009