BackgroundThe third game in the legendary Zelda series (after The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link for the NES), The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is widely regarded as one of the greatest games of all time for any console. The storyline, which involves rescuing Princess Zelda and seven other maidens (each locked in a away in a different dungeon), is engrossing, the Light and Dark Worlds (which you can teleport between using a Magic Mirror) are filled with secrets, traps and puzzles, the battle system is tight, and the interfacing and mapping system is convenient and easy to use. Link begins the game empty handed but will soon find a sword and shield and will eventually discover numerous other items, including many new to the series, such as the Pegasus Boots, the aforementioned mirror, and a grappling hook. Longtime Nintendo composer Koji Kondo (Super Mario World) provides the musical score (meaning that it's excellent, of course), and the graphics and sounds show excellent attention to detail. All in all, this is a must-own title and a wonderful return to (and upgrading of) the many things that made the original The Legend of Zelda such a brilliant success. After the somewhat disappointing (but still solid) Zelda II, this is a good (make that great) thing.
— Brett Alan Weiss, All Game Guide
- Explore numerous dungeons as you work to earn the right for a sword and free maidens from captivity.
- Attack with a sword, defend with a shield and make use of various items to tackle the enemy forces.
- Travel between two worlds - the Light and Dark worlds - to progress in your adventure.
- Tackle challenging puzzles, such as toruch or switch tasks, to make your way through the dungeons and overworld.
- Play games, shop for items and receive goods from the various non-player characters.
- Play out sidequests for new items and upgrades, such as heart pieces or sword upgrades.
Official URLOfficial Site
Fastaidanl123 and 316 others own The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Militron and 77 others played The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
May 24, 13 10:37am
I can't stop the feelings. Nintendo just announced a The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past successor, perhaps... posted Apr 17, 13 10:13am
Jul 22, 12 3:35am
Sep 10, 11 4:20pm
Sep 23, 10 5:44pm
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Theme(s): Fantasy, Medieval
- Perspective(s): Top Down,Third Person
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Apr 1, 1992 Europe Sep 24, 1992 Japan Nov 21, 1991
- Also known as:
- Zelda no Densetsu: Kamigami no Tri-Force in Japan
- Hyrule Warriors Legends
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap