BackgroundAlthough Mario was victorious in his previous adventure to come to the rescue of the Princess, his adventures are still far from over! When the Princess is captured once again by the evil Bowser, Mario's strengths and abilities are put to the test as he embarks on a difficult quest to save her. Mario must now journey through a mysterious new world in search of the Princess, and face Bowser's henchman - including his seven children that rule and reside in the castles of the kingdom. As you and Mario explore this vast world filled to the brim with Koopas, Boos, and other dangerous foes, you will recieve the help of a young dinosaur named Yoshi, who will proove to be plenty of help in your quest to rescue the Princess and restore order to the world.
GameplayIt's up to you to rescue Princess Peach, but to do that, you must travel through and conquer eight distinctive worlds. Make use of the power-ups that frequently appear to defeat every enemy that you encounter. Find Yoshi so you can have some extra help in achieving your goal. You're gonna need everything you find to get through all the levels in this game.
- Exploration adventure game with good old Mario.
- Hunt dinosaur eggs with Yoshi.
- Featuring over 70 levels and 7 castles, as well as secret levels and the secret Special Star Road.
- Lots of special power-up items for Mario.
- For 1-2 players
mpregangel and 402 others own Super Mario World
mpregangel and 102 others played Super Mario World
- Genre: Platformer Action
- Theme(s): Alternate Reality
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Aug 1, 1991 Europe Apr 11, 1992 Japan Nov 21, 1990
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (1-2)
- Also known as:
- Super Mario World: Super Mario Bros. 4 in Japan
- Mario Maker
- Super Mario 3D World
- Super Mario Bros.
- New Super Luigi U
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario World
- Mario Golf: World Tour
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
- Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move