BackgroundFIFA International Soccer is a soccer simulation where you can take control of a team during matches. Your goal is to win the match. You can also determinate your tactic and the players' positions.
GameplayBased on international teams (with fictional player names), their abilities in each skill area are rated out of 10 to give the player an overall impression of how good they are. The options available follow the standard set: fouls and offsides can be toggled on and off, the match length can be set, and if the timer operates continuously, or only while the ball is in play. Gameplay privileges include quick runs, short passes and blistering shots outside the penalty box, and set pieces are controlled by moving a box into the target area for the ball, and then passed, lobbed or kicked directly. On the tactical side, formations can be selected with 5 different strategies also available as can the team coverage - the areas which defenders, midfielders and strikers cover.
- First game to break the 16-bit era games by presenting an isometric view.
- Play with national teams and nothing else in this highly exciting game.
- Have the ability to run away from a referee while being handed a yellow/red card.
- The first game to feature Soccer on the Super Nintendo.
- FIFA Neowiki Jan 19
retroking owns FIFA International Soccer
- Genre: Soccer
- Perspective(s): Third Person,Isometric
- Developer: Extended Play
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Jun 16, 1994
- Also known as:
- FIFA International Football in Europe