BackgroundIn the shoes of a young boy names Cress who's parents are killed and village is burnt down to the ground. Now Cress is out to seek vegence upon the scum who has done this. Meeting friends along the way and battling by Cress's side, he starts to find out more about himself and family that even he didn't know. Now he'll stop at nothing to destroy the evil revived.
GameplayBattles in Tales of Phantasia aren't the traditional turn-based fights that most RPGs use. Instead, players can make Cress perform different attacks by pressing the D-pad. Players can also chain together attacks and, as Cress levels up, learn new moves to use. The game also has the option of putting Cress on automatic attack so players can chose different actions for his companions, who generally fight on their own.
- Battle in real time: The Linear Motion Battle System puts the emphasis on action as players attack their enemies without the use of menus - you can make Cress perform different attacks by pressing the D-pad. Players can also chain together attacks and, as Cress levels up, learn new moves to use.
- Players can crack open the Monster Dictionary to view the strengths and weaknesses of the enemies they have met in battle - this means there is alot of data collection to be done for them all
- Players can use the innovative Cooking System to collect ingredients and recipes to brew up meals that restore their health and magic.
This title was only released in Japan.
Added on: November 06, 2000
Official URLOfficial Site
Malan and 5 others own Tales of Phantasia (Import)
Santoryu and 2 others played Tales of Phantasia (Import)
A compelling and emotional story driven by exciting and original gameplay, surrounded...
- Genre: Fantasy Role-playing (PSX)
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Namco
- Publisher: Namco
Released North America Mar 1, 1997
- Tales of the Abyss
- Tales of Legendia
- Tales of Rebirth (Import)
- Tales of Symphonia (Import)
- Tales of Destiny 2 (Import)