BackgroundSet two months and 5 days after the original game, the Umbrella Corporation's deadly T-Virus has been leaked throughout Raccoon City, infecting its citizens and turning them into mindless zombies. As the outbreak begins, you play as one of two surviving humans: Leon S. Kennedy, a rookie cop on his first day of work, or Claire Redfield, a college student and motorbike-fanatic who is looking for her older brother, Chris (the protagonist of the first game). With the city in lockdown and thousands of zombies on their tails, Leon and Claire quickly find themselves fighting for their lives in the search for a way out of the city. But is there a creature much more powerful than a zombie lurking in the shadows?
- Capcom's second best-selling game of all time.
- Two games in one: Choose from four separate scenario storylines for you to play.
- Two main characters, two unlockables, and a handful of supporting characters are all playable.
- Adjust the intensity of the game according to your skill and experience.
- Unlock a variety of minigames, including 'The 4th Survivor' and 'The Tofu Survivor'.
- Explore the large and detailed locations of Raccoon City.
- Fight a variety of diverse enemies.
- Many new and old weapons at your disposal.
Recipient of an IGN.COM Editors' Choice Award & DaGameBoyz Players Choice Award.
Added on: January 18, 2001
Official URLOfficial Site
- Resident Evil 2 official remake greenlit at Capcom Aug 15
- scenario mix-up Jun 22
- Secret Gate in the RPD Grounds Jun 17
- Unable to Save Mar 31
Capcom producer Yoshiaki Hirabyashi confirmed today that the 1998 survival-horror title, Resident... posted Aug 12, 15 8:45am
If Resident Evil 6 didn't indulge itself into just being an out and out third person...
Come early September, the Resident Evil franchise will be 15 years old, and to celebrate this new milestone... posted Jul 08, 11 12:59pm
We're hearing more and more about the all but confirmed PlayStation Phone, and leaked videos continue flooding... posted Jan 11, 11 10:12pm
December 2009 sales made a killing for the PlayStation Network, raking in the highest revenue since the online... posted Jan 14, 10 5:28pm
- Genre: Shooter (PSX)
- Theme(s): Horror
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America Jan 21, 1998
- Also known as:
- Biohazard 2 in Japan
- Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - Episode 4: Metamorphosis
- Resident Evil 4
- Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2
- Resident Evil: Outbreak
- Resident Evil Code: Veronica X