BackgroundThe nuclear weapons disposal facility on Shadow Moses Island in Alaska's Fox Archipelago is attacked and captured by Next Generation Special Forces led by members of FOXHOUND.
The terrorists have got their hands on hundreds of nuclear warheads and they're demanding that the government turn over the remains of Big Boss. They warn that if their demands are not met within 24 hours, they'll launch a nuclear weapon.
Take on the role of retired Special Forces veteran Solid Snake as he is called back into duty in a top-secret mission to deal with the greatest terrorist threat the world has ever seen.
Your mission is to infiltrate the base, rescue the hostages and kill the terrorists carrying nothing but a pair of binoculars, a pack of smokes and a bad attitude. The clock is ticking.
Once again, Snake heads into battle...alone.
GameplayInfiltrate enemy territory, avoid battles, and avoid being seen. Use the weapons you find to your advantage to complete your mission. You can use a disguise to fool your enemies and you must use the weapons at your disposal to defeat the bosses as you gradually get closer and closer to finding and destroying Metal Gear. Only then will your mission be complete.
- Atmospheric soundtrack and cinematic
- Complex and exciting story.
- Fully interactive surroundings and intelligent enemies - a game where anything can happen.
- Stunning presentation and a wealth of game modes.
Ranked #1 Playtation game of all time by IGN.COM.
Added on: October 06, 2000
Official URLOfficial Site
- Is it possible to survive torture without Auto-Fire? Jun 22
- need Meryl`s codec Apr 22
- PS2 memory card with mgs1 Apr 21
- most hated person? Nov 15
Konami has just announced the mother of all Metal Gear Solid bundles. Introducing Metal Gear Solid: The... posted Apr 22, 13 11:57am
An update to the Metal Gear Solid Facebook page is stirred up a bit of excitement. Yoji Shinkawa, character and... posted Jan 16, 13 3:45pm
Here's some more interesting news related to the Metal Gear Solid movie produced by Avi Arad announced a few... posted Sep 27, 12 9:41am
- Genre: Adventure (PSX)
- Theme(s): Military, Sci-Fi (Futuristic), Espionage/Secret Ops
- Perspective(s): First Person,Third Person
- Developer: Konami
- Publisher: Konami
Released North America Oct 21, 1998 Europe Feb 26, 1999 Japan Sep 3, 1998
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty