Background1000 years ago, the War of the Magi decimated most of the world's technology and all known magic. Today, technology has made an impressive and remarkable comeback, popping up almost everywhere on the face of civilization. The reigning Empire remains at war with various rebel factions, causing unrest among the related parties. Nonetheless, the world is striving successfully to rebuild itself from the perils of War.
However, the Empire has grown curious and power-hungry for the ancient power known only as "magic". Their leader and a slightly insane general crave this power, and are willing to destroy anything that comes in their way. With the finding of an ancient Esper, a seemingly vital source of "magic", the Empire is poised to take full control of this mysterious power.
Several warriors, from all walks of life, must band together despite their differences in order to save the world from one who would conquer it, and who would destroy it.
- 12 Playable Charachters up to a team of 4 charachters each with their own special abilities
- Ability to Summon Espers
- Use Magic in battle
- Ability to ride your own airship! and travel everywhere in the map
- Enhanced graphics breathe new life and detail into all game elements, from deep dungeons and vast worlds to menacing creatures and wandering heroes.
- New opening theme songs and improved sound quality immerse the player even further into the game experience.
- Brand new, high quality CG movies and stills visually enhance the storylines in dramatic fashion.
- A new bestiary contains detailed descriptions of all monsters to assist players in battle.
- Access to art galleries featuring beautiful illustrations
- "Memo File" function added for quick, convenient saves.
Final Fantasy (FF) has a long history that spans back into the late 80s. Since then there have been 14 main...
This week's PSN update features mostly older releases so feel free to pick up digital versions of Dragon Age II,... posted Dec 06, 11 5:56pm
- Genre: Fantasy Role-playing (PSX)
- Theme(s): Steampunk, Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Squaresoft
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America Apr 1, 1994 Europe Mar 1, 2002 Japan Nov 3, 1999 Australia Mar 1, 2002