BackgroundYoung Spyro must free his dragon friends from magical imprisonment created by the evil Gnasty Gnorc. As Spyro, you must travel to six worlds to free them, as well as reclaim stolen treasure and dragon eggs. Breathe fire, glide through the air and dash into foes in your effort to defeat Gnasty Gnorc and his minions.
GameplayEach world in Spyro the Dragon is organized into separate realms, with a central level serving as a hub, with gateways leading to other levels within the world. The player is free to roam about and explore each level at will, defeating opponents, releasing the realm's imprisoned dragons, and recovering the dragons' treasure in the process. When the player has finished a level, a "Return Home" portal located somewhere in that level will return them to the base hub of that world and, once they have freed enough dragons or collected enough treasure, the player can travel to the next world by locating and talking to a balloonist located somewhere in the hub.
- Platform adventure game
- Help Spyro free his buddies from the nefarious Gnasty Gnorc
- 6 worlds, each with several subworlds
- Explore bogs, deserts, and ice worlds
- For 1 player
Official URLOfficial Site
Skittles and 69 others played Spyro the Dragon
JonesFRB and 256 others own Spyro the Dragon
Before a lombax saved the galaxy, there was a dragon who had to save his clan from the evil Gnasty...
- Genre: Fantasy Adventure (PSX)
- Theme(s): Alternate Reality, Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Insomniac Games
- Publisher: SCEA
Released North America Aug 31, 1998
- The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
- The Legend Of Spyro: The Eternal Night
- The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning
- Spyro: A Hero's Tail
- Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly