Background2002 FIFA World Cup brings the FIFA experience to the PSX. Featuring officially licensed uniforms, teams, players, and commentators, along with all the official stadiums, 2002 FIFA World Cup gives you the chance to take the country of your choosing to 2002 FIFA World Cup victory. Select your elite 22 and lead them to glory in single-player mode, or play against friends. Utilize the "airplay" system to bring out the best in the world's most skilled players.
GameplayAs the official interactive games provider of the 2002 FIFA World Cup tournament, the game promises to capture every moment of glory, every emotion, every sound and every aspect of a truly global event, giving consumers the opportunity to kick-off the FIFA World Cup frenzy by playing in the tournament before it begins. Gamers will find a whole new world of showboating and high-tempo, high-impact action, obvious from the first touch of the ball.
- Official and exclusive content - The only interactive soccer game licensed to use the official FIFA World Cup, insignia, mascots and the 20 new World Cup stadiums in Japan and Korea.
- Star Players – Lifelike representation of all the star players participating in the World Cup Tournament, combined with the exceptional individual talents that characterize their style of play in real life.
- Accessible and exciting new game play - 'Air Play,' delivers intuitive one-button headers, volleys, scissor kicks, juggling, and more. Showboating and high-tempo, high-impact play is both exciting and accessible from the first touch of the ball.
- New player-to-player animations – New player-to-player animations result in aggressive jostling for the ball both on the ground and in the air.
- 'World Cup Moments' - Key dramatic moments during the tournament including the beginning of a match, the end of a match and key goals are highlighted by epic cinematics. Using replays, player animations, original scores by the Vancouver Symphony and special effects, World Cup Moments underscore the emotional range of play with increasing intensity as games become more important.
- 'Moment Zooms' - New camera angles and replays capture intensity of World Cup games as they dramatize nearly missed shots, fouls and goals by focusing on player facial animations as they grimace and fall to their knees in frustration or pump their fists and cheer in celebration of a goal.
- Tournament Mode - A seven game series beginning with round-robin play, followed by playoffs leading to the final match with a progressive story line and a rising intensity as you advance.
- New stadium environments- Teams will be met with a rising tide of crowd excitement with thousands of fans sporting team colors, country specific chants, and an explosion of special effects including lasers, confetti, streamers, flags.
Matthew MALTA owns 2002 FIFA World Cup
Matthew MALTA played 2002 FIFA World Cup
- Genre: Soccer (PSX)
- Perspective(s): Third Person,Isometric
- Developer: Electronic Arts
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Apr 30, 2002
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (4)