BackgroundThe PSP (PlayStation®Portable) has a slim 6.7" x 2.9" frame that packs a powerful multimedia punch, enabling you to enjoy your favorite games, music, videos and photos instantly, anywhere. Factor in the PSP system's brilliant high-resolution screen and cutting-edge wireless connectivity and Internet Browser – and you may just have a revolution in your hands.
- Photos: Using the Memory Stick Duo, you can store your digital photos, create custom wallpapers and share your favorite photos with the image transfer feature. And, thanks to the vibrant high-resolution screen, your memories will always be sharp and clear.
- Music: Download your favorite MP3, MP4, WAV or ATRAC3plus music files to your PSP system via the Memory Stick Duo—or take in a full-length concert or behind-the-scenes footage on a pre-recorded UMD.
- Video: Transfer UMD and MP4 videos and more to your Memory Stick Duo or watch full-length movies on a pre-recorded UMD. It's all the excitement of the big screen, now sized to take anywhere.
- Games: The PSP system's dazzling widescreen LCD brings gaming to life. Whether reaching your personal best or locked in wireless combat, you'll have the freedom to play wherever—and whenever—you like.
- Internet: Surf the World Wide Web using the Internet browser whenever you are in an Internet-accessible location.
Hardware RequirementsDimensions:Approximately 6.7 in (W) x 2.9 in (H) x .9 in (D)
Weight: Approximately 280g / .62 lbs (including battery)
CPU: PSP CPU (System clock frequency 1 - 333MHz)
Main Memory: 32MB
Embeded DRAM: 4MB
Display: 4.3 inch, 16:9 Wide screen TFT LCD, 480 x 272 pixel, 16.77 million colors, Maximum luminance 180 / 130 / 80cd/m2 (when using battery pack), Maximum luminance 200 / 180 / 130 / 80cd/m2 (when using AC adaptor)
Sound: Built-in stereo speakers
Main Input/Output: IEEE 802.11b (Wi-Fi), USB 2.0 (mini-B), Memory Stick Duo, Infrared Port
Disc Drive: UMD Drive (Read only),
Main Connectors:Memory Stick Duo Slot, USB connector, DC IN 5V connector, Headset connector
Keys/Switches: Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left), Analog Stick, Enter keys (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), Left, Right shoulder buttons x 1, START button, SELECT button, HOME button x 1, POWER/HOLD switch x 1, Display button, Sound button, Volume +/- buttons x 1, Wireless LAN switch (ON/OFF) x 1, OPEN latch (UMD) x 1
Power: Lithium-ion Battery, AC Adaptor
Profile: PSP Game, UMD Audio (profile name TBD), UMD Video (profile name TBD)
Codec: [Video]: "UMD": H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile Level3, [Video]: "Memory Stick": MPEG-4 SP,AAC, [Music]: "UMD": linear PCM,ATRAC3plus, [Music]: "Memory Stick": ATRAC3plus,MP3(MPEG1/2 Layer3)
Security: (Encryption) 128bit AES (Copyright protection technology) MagicGate
Access control: Region, Parental Control
IEEE802.11bInfrastructure mode: Ad hoc mode (connection up to 16 consoles)
Official URLOfficial Site
- Pro Duo Dual Slot Problems Apr 5
- about psp Apr 4
- How do I properly transfer data from one PSP memory stick to the other? Mar 29
- 80010002 Mar 23
Sony was forced to rein in their PlayStation Vita and PSP hardware annual sales targets following lackluster... posted Aug 02, 12 5:29pm
Sony Computer Entertainment round off a busy day for the media with their own E3 2012 press conference. Expect... posted Jun 04, 12 6:01pm
[image1 width=200 float=right] It won't be long now until the main event finally kicks off, and Neoseeker as... posted May 23, 12 11:55am
Electronics giant Sony confirms it has been hit with its largest annual loss yet, a cold way to round off a... posted May 10, 12 12:52pm
Sony Computer Entertainment is at last making its big push to merge the PlayStation Network into the "Sony... posted Feb 06, 12 12:10pm
Sony finally makes it official: Kazuo Hirai will indeed step forward to replace Sir Howard Stringer as the new... posted Feb 01, 12 10:50am
Wondering how you can play your UMD games on PlayStation Vita? Sony's solution to that matter comes in the form... posted Nov 11, 11 12:02pm
This morning, the PlayStation Network was hit with a service outage. PS3 and PSP users in North America and... posted Sep 21, 11 12:03pm
Forgot to claim the free games from Sony's Welcome Back program? No need to worry as Sony has extended the... posted Jul 04, 11 9:46am
Sony finishes the busy pre-E3 day of keynotes with their conference at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Keep... posted Jun 06, 11 5:16pm
Sony is aiming to bring the rest of PlayStation Network's services back online worldwide by June 3, allowing PS3... posted May 30, 11 10:23pm
Shortly after the PlayStation Network Store is brought back online, both PS3 and PSP users can begin to enjoy... posted May 16, 11 6:38pm
With the PlayStation Network back online in most parts of the world, Sony will soon shift its focus to restoring... posted May 16, 11 12:07pm
Microsoft has entered an agreement to purchase Skype for $8.5 billion dollars, enabling Microsoft to integrate... posted May 10, 11 9:38am
Sony is extending its compensation plan for PlayStation Network users with one free year of identity theft... posted May 05, 11 8:41pm
Sony's report on the PlayStation Network security breach singled out the online activism group called Anonymous... posted May 05, 11 10:03am
Sony is preparing to bring the PlayStation Network back online during the first week of May after a major... posted May 01, 11 9:24pm