BackgroundAn all-new Conquest Mode allows players to take a team and challenge NBA squads across the country, while a new Pick Up Mode give gamers a chance to choose from 10 different NBA players for a playground-style match-up. In addition to the instant replay function, a new Highlight Reel option provides players the opportunity to view a select reel of highlight shots, passes, steals, and dunks at the end of each game. Players will also have more choices of quick pick-up-and-play mini-games, including an all-new rhythm-based dunk contest as well as carnival-style games including skee-ball, pinball, and pop-a-shot. Additionally, the game brings back popular mini-games such as Dodgeball and HORSE, as well as a comprehensive ladder challenge and virtual trading cards.
GameplayAn all-new Smart Shot Indicator provides a visual gauge of the impact defense has on shot opportunities, and a new Power Boarding System is now in place to offer a true 3D approach for players to position themselves for rebounds. Additionally, NBA 07 includes refined core gameplay elements including new mechanics for stealing, passing, and shot selection as well as more intuitive Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Conquest Mode – Players will engage in a game of territory acquisition and management, balancing strategy, basketball knowledge, and gameplay skills. Take control of a team and play for regional supremacy, defending territories from challengers and adding new players in a quest for NBA domination.
- Pick Up mode – Players will alternate choose from 10 randomly selected NBA players and match up with the CPU or another player in an outdoor full-court game.
- All-New Dunk Contest – Players can take the NBA's highest flyers and participate in rhythm-based mini-games to show off a number of rim-rocking dunks.
- New Carnival-Style Mini-Games – Participate in a variety of carnival-like mini-games including Pop-a-Shot, Pinball, and skee-ball. Players will earn credits to purchase unlockable content including front-end images, throwback jerseys, and video content.
- Enhanced Play-by-Play and All-New Commentary – Get play-by-play from Ian Eagle and hear the most comprehensive color commentary from top NBA broadcast talent.
- New Highlight Reel – In addition to instant reply, players will have the opportunity to re-live each stellar play and pivotal moment from a completed game.
- Realistic Animations – Running at 60 FPS, NBA '07 incorporates tandem animation technologies to produce ultra realistic player interactions. Additionally, motion capture data delivers smooth gameplay and lifelike player movements.
- NBA License – NBA '07 offers gamers 41 authentic NBA teams including throwback versions.
- Mini-Games – Players will have access once again to numerous mini-games, including schoolyard classics such as HORSE and Dodgeball. Additionally, games such as Own the Court, PlayStation Skills Challenge, and 3-Point Contest are all available to test the skills of each player and provide opportunities to hone various skills.
- Ladder Challenge – Compete in a challenging mini-game or exhibition mode series and earn trading card rewards for working to the top of the ladder.
- Full Season Mode – Includes simulation, trades, free agent lists, injuries, and challenging basketball.
- Wireless Multiplayer Gameplay – Compete head-to-head against local friends or with basketball fans from around the country via wireless multiplayer connectivity.
- Ad Hoc Mode – Four or more PSP systems can communicate directly via Wi-Fi connectivity for regional/local multiplayer gameplay.
- Infrastructure Mode – Gamers can link to a network via a wireless local area network (WLAN) access point or "hot spot" for multiplayer gameplay nationwide.
Official URLOfficial Site
- Time Jan 26
- Genre: Basketball
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: SCEA
- Publisher: SCEA
Released North America Sep 25, 2006