BackgroundMLB for the PSP is a game that comes closer to the real thing than any other attempt on a handheld console. With features such as Branch Point Technology, skill adaptions of the AI and two player wireless connections, this game brings all of the excitement, tension and drama of Major League Baseball to the handheld world.
- Gameplay Options MLB for the PSP provides baseball fans with a variety of gameplay options to choose from.
- Quick Game Gamers can select their favorite team and compete against the AI for a quick game on the go.
- Online Mode Gamers can compete locally against friends or other baseball fans in head-to-head play via wireless multiplayer connectivity.
- Season Mode Baseball fans can choose their favorite team, play the regular season, advance to the playoffs and eventually be crowned the World Series Champion.
- All-New Release Point Pitching with Confidence Meter MLB for the PSP brings baseball fans the ultimate duel with a revised pitcher/batter interface by binding player rating attributes with a gamer's skill. While easy to pick up and play, yet difficult to master, MLB for the PSP is a game within the game. Additionally, Pitcher Confidence plays a role in a gamer's ability to hit release spots in the all-new pitch meter, while frequency of mistakes will impact the confidence level of a gamer's hurler, making it more difficult to paint the corners of the strike zone.
- All-New Playmaker Fielding Marker With an all-new fielding interface that brings the player attributes together with the user's skill level, players will really need to make the play. In the past games, 90% of outfield fly balls were merely a "can o' corn" not anymore. With the all-new Fielding Zone Marker, the fielder's fielding attribute rating will determine the size of the zone that surrounds the ball and it's eventual landing location. With highly ranked fielders, the ball marker will be displayed sooner and smaller making it easier to judge fly balls.
- All-New Branch Point Technology (BPT) Only BPT gives gamers the ability to field the ball and pre-load a throw with seamless fielding transitions impacted by footwork and momentum. This new technology is also used for base running allowing smooth and fluid transitions from a run or slide.
- MLB Authenticity MLB for the PSP presents gamers with finer details and nuances that make the game America's Pastime. Gamers can drag bunts along with wild pitches, broken bats, check swings and more.
Official URLOfficial Site
- Introduction Thread Dec 27
- Genre: Basketball
- Developer: 989 Sports
- Publisher: SCEA
Released North America Apr 13, 2005
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (2)
- Online Multi-player (2)