GameplayMLB® '06 pitches and deals with the complete portable package where you can play your whole career on the road with an all-new Career Mode, sign on for a multi-year deal with an all-new Season Mode that tracks multiple seasons, track heated rivalries with an all-new Rivalry Mode that allows you to set up and maintain rivalries between multiple gamers, see who is the best of the best as you match up today's stars with Historical Greats, and follow the action with unparalleled comprehensive and progressive commentary from a new 3-man booth that introduces Rex Hudler to Matt Vasgersian and Dave Campbell.
- New Career Mode takes your career on the road as you create your player and assign him to your favorite team. Your ability will establish a spot on an MLB roster or land you in the minors, forcing you to prove yourself and earn your shot in the show.
- New Season Mode tests your commitment and allows you to make a run for consecutive rings for all ten fingers with multiple seasons wherever your road trip takes you with PSP system.
- New King of the Diamond is a classic playground duel from childhood where a pitcher and batter from opposing teams will square off head-to-head. This innovative mini-game showcases the challenging intensity of the batter versus pitcher duel. An inning clock increases the pressure in this Over-The-Line style challenge. Dominate your block offline or see how you stack up against the world online.
- New Historical Greats gives you the opportunity to pit today's stars against legends of yesteryear. Now you can find out for yourself who really is the best of the best.
- New 3-Man Booth with Rex Hudler bringing additional energy to tell it like it is. Hudler joins Matt Vasgersian and Dave Campbell for the most comprehensive commentary you've heard in any baseball game. MLB 06 The Show sets the bar high with progressive commentary that changes as you progress through the game, adapting to current actions and situations.
- MLB Headline News2Go affords you the same functionality as the PS2 version but takes it one step further. When online with your PSP system, you can select to save the latest news feeds to your memory stick and review at your leisure – offline or on the go.
- Unique Stadium Ambiance for every MLB team specific to their stadium with coordinated crowds, team colors and audio that catering to each team and specific players.
- The Pitching Confidence Meter plays a key role your ability to hit spots. Your frequency of mistake pitcherwill impact the confidence level of your hurler making it more difficult to hit your spots and paint the corners.
- Guess Pitch tests your ability to master "the sweet science". Check out the pitch history and sit on any of 5 pitches the pitcher will throw next. If you sit on the right pitch your power attribute is increased. For the ultimate reward sit on pitch and location and leave the yard in a hurry.
- PlayMaker Fielding at it's core is based on fielding attributes but it's ultimately up to you play to your team's strengths and weaknesses. Excellent fielders will track them down for you while sub-par fielders will require some concentration from you.
- Unassisted Fielding Control allows fielding freedom with the ball in hand. Take advantage of more realistic barehanded flips and the ability to dive with the ball in the fielder's bare hand for the putout.
- Hundreds Of Personalized Animations shows you recognizable, personalized player animations for everything from walk-ups, rituals, stances, swings – even emotions. All told more than any other baseball game on any platform. Guaranteed!
- Authenticity, Subtleties & Nuances like drag bunts, wild pitches, broken bats, check swings, off-line throws and much more.
- Genre: Baseball
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: 989 Sports
- Publisher: SCEA
Released North America Feb 28, 2006
- MLB 14: The Show
- MLB 13: The Show
- MLB 12: The Show
- MLB 11: The Show
- MLB 10: The Show
- MLB 09: The Show
- MLB 08: The Show