BackgroundFrom the days of the PS one, this downloadable game allows you to play the classic original on your PSP handheld system or PS3 home console.
Players slip into the role of Konami hero Solid Snake and set out on a government mission to regain control of a secret nuclear weapons base from terrorists' hands. On his quest, Snake must rely heavily on stealth to avoid being seen, but he also has more than 30 different weapons and 20 different items and gadgets at his disposal, such as night vision goggles, minesweepers, explosives, gas masks, and more. An enemy radar display at the top of the screen helps pinpoint the locations of the opposing forces, both human and mechanical. Designed by Hideo Kojima.
Game PlayInfiltrate enemy territory, avoid battles, and avoid being seen. Use the weapons you find to your advantage to complete your mission. You can use a disguise to fool your enemies and you must use the weapons at your disposal to defeat the bosses as you gradually get closer and closer to finding and destroying Metal Gear. Only then will your mission be complete.
Features•Atmospheric soundtrack and cinematic
•Complex and exciting story.
•Fully interactive surroundings and intelligent enemies - a game where anything can happen.
•Stunning presentation and a wealth of game modes.
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Theme(s): Military, Sci-Fi (Futuristic), Espionage/Secret Ops
- Perspective(s): First Person,Third Person
- Developer: Konami
- Publisher: SCEA
Released North America Jun 18, 2009 Europe Nov 19, 2009 Japan Mar 21, 2008
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty