Background"Men who shed tears for their own fate, and for their friends."
Set seven years before the original Final Fantasy VII, Crisis Core focuses around the the infamous ShinRa Company and it's war with the prosperous Western continent of Wutai.
You play as Zack Fair, a young man who is striving to become a highly ranked First-Class SOLDIER in the elite ShinRa army, along with his best friend, Cloud Strife.
But after the disappearance of Genesis (a powerful First-Class SOLDIER), the ShinRa Company soon send Zack, his mentor Angeal, and Sephioth (the antagonist of FFVII) to recover their lost comrade, and put an end to the war.
But things don't quite go to plan, and a cruel struggle of fate soon awaits Zack...
GameplayAs an action-RPG, Crisis Core introduces a new Battle System to the Final Fantasy series: the Digital Mind Wave (DMW).
Being similar to the Limit Break system from the original Final Fantasy VII, the DMW system revolves around a series of slots in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, that show the faces of characters that Zack has met on his journey.
Due to this system being strongly linked to Zack's emotions, feelings and memories, the slots are constantly spinning and changing his state of mind. When the slots finally line up, Zack will get a "Power Surge" and will be able to use a Special Attack.
How the character uses DMW will determine what sort of abilites and strengths Zack will have at the end of the game.
Random encounters are also back, but not in a way that Final Fantasy fans will expect. There are no transitions or Loading times this time around. Instead, the battles begin on the screen that the player is vieweing, while the display menus pop-up. In these menus, the player has the choice to Attack, use Materia magic, or use an Item.
- New Digital Mind Wave Battle System is attatched to the main character's emotions and memories, thus creating a deep and moving experience for the player.
- Amazingly detailed graphics and fully voiced cutscenes.
- Intense sountrack includes updated Final Fantasy VII tunes, as well as completely new tracks, to fully immerse the player into the gaming experience.
- Over 300 side-missions will keep advanced players busy for over 60 hours.
- In-depth storyline includes intense drama and deep character development that Final Fantasy fans will be all-to familiar with.
- Revisit memorable locations and see familiar faces from Final Fantasy VII, including Cloud Strife, Aerith Gainsborough, Tifa Lockhart, Sephiroth, Yuffie Kisaragi, and many more!
- Experience the infamous Nibelheim incident, from FFVII, in new and improved graphics.
Official URLOfficial Site (JP)
Official Site (NA)
Mothie and 540 others own Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
noxious_knot and 155 others played Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Absolute Steveadded Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Mission Guide v3.00
Nov 08, 13 5:46pm
Absolute Steveadded Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Minerva Guide v1.40
Nov 08, 13 5:46pm
Absolute Steveadded Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Experience/Level Up/Stats Chart
Nov 08, 13 5:45pm
Absolute Steveadded Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Enemy Encyclopedia v1.00
Nov 08, 13 5:44pm
Jul 01, 12 4:26pm
QuetzalcoatlThis game is the reason why I bought a PSP. Has been a great experience playing this game. CrisisCoreFinalFantasy7 PSP
May 19, 12 5:26pm
Fatalis_TrinityBest story ever/ best soundtrack ever CrisisCoreFinalFantasy7 PSP
Jul 05, 11 11:15am
Fatalis_TrinityBest story AND best soundtrack I've experienced CrisisCoreFinalFantasy7 PSP
Jun 13, 11 12:00pm
ThamauturgePretty decent. Great voice acting, pretty fun gameplay but a fairly short story. CrisisCoreFinalFantasy7 PSP
Jan 14, 11 1:47am
BOONaMAi_Reedbkwrdzwut can i say, WHO DOESNT want to know the story behind the legend! CrisisCoreFinalFantasy7 PSP
Nov 07, 10 9:20pm
- Genre: Fantasy RPG
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Square Enix
- Publisher: Square Enix
Released North America Mar 25, 2008 Europe Jun 20, 2008 Japan Sep 13, 2007 Australia Jun 19, 2008
|Angeal Hewley||Tifa Lockhart|
|Gillian Hewley||Zack Fair|