BackgroundPlaying as the hottest artists and celebrities in Hip Hop including Busta Rhymes, Carmen Electra, Lil' Kim, Ludacris, Method Man, Redman, Snoop Dogg, and Xzibit, you'll be able to unravel the events that lead to Def Jam Vendetta and find out how D-Mob got to rule NYC. Featuring new fighting moves and new venues, where players can gain respect by winning fights and rising among the ranks of the crew. Players can create their own fighter with gear from Def Jam University, Phat Farm, Brand Jordan, Ecko Unlimited, Enyce, Rocawear, Sean John, State Property, Reebok, and more. Players can also battle in 1-on-1 death matches using PSP's wireless functionality.
- New Fighting Engine A new fighting engine challenges you to master multiple fighting disciplines, take advantage of interactive environments, and utilize dozens of weapons to make a name for yourself.
- Three Times the Length of the Original Def Jam VENDETTA It's going to take more than 90 fights in 20-plus venues to win control of the streets.
- 40 of the Biggest Hip Hop Artists and Celebrites Starring and music by the hottest names in hip hop from Def Jam and beyond -- look for appearances by Busta Rhymes, Carmen Electra, Fat Joe, Flava Flav, Freeway, Ghostface, Ice T, Joe Budden, Kimora Lee Simmons, Lil' Kim, Ludacris, Method Man, Redman, Sean Paul, Slick Rick, Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, and many more.
- Five Brutal Fighting Styles Master each fighting style: street fighting, kickboxing, martial arts, wrestling, and submission fighting. Combine up to three styles to create devastating hybrid-styles, complete with new "blazin' moves" to finish off your opponent.
- 22 Interactive Venues From destructible environmental objects to rowdy spectators who like to "get involved," the 22 venues are the ultimate weapon.
- Create-A-Street Fighter Build your own street-ready fighter and outfit him with thousands of pieces of unlockable licensed gear, tattoos, and even bling from the Jeweler to the stars, Jacob the Jeweler.
Official URLOfficial Site
esidos and 11 others own Def Jam: Fight for NY: The Takeover
InsanityRules and 4 others played Def Jam: Fight for NY: The Takeover
- Genre: Boxing & Wrestling
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Aki
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Aug 29, 2006 Europe Jun 30, 2006