BackgroundOn a day that starts out like any other, an 11-year-old boy's life is changed forever. As the main character and his friend Miki pass a leisurely afternoon, Miki suddenly collapses from an unknown illness. When the girl shows no sign of waking, the main character grows distraught over not being a better friend and not having the means to save her. Suddenly, a strange voice offers him a second chance: "Beyond the door you can change your destiny!" He soon leaves the real world and journeys to the world of Vision, where, as a novice "Traveler," he will surmount myriad ordeals in hopes of ultimately meeting with the Goddess of Fortune to have a single wish granted.
Take on the role of an original main character and work through a story featuring Wataru, Meena and the rest of the main Brave Story cast. The game's turn-based battle system focuses on three concepts from the original story: bravery, growth and friends. As you attack your enemies, you build up a Brave Power meter, which indicates your courage. Once maxed out, you can perform a special attack. You build up your weapons by collecting gems and can even perform combination attacks with your two battle companions.
- A role-playing game with an epic tale, introducing unique characters with distinct personalities and leading the player through the imaginative world of Vision.
- Traditional turn-based battle system enhanced by innovative features: Friendship - Form bonds with party members to create new, cooperative skills. Courage - Use "brave power" (BP) to unleash powerful special abilities. Growth - The hero's weapon will evolve as he collects gemstones. New accessories can be forged by collecting and combining materials. Each character can also unlock a one-of-a-kind innate ability.
- No load time between battles.
- Beautifully rendered 3D graphics with a distinct visual style, highlighted by polished character and enemy movement, and a unique animation for each special ability.
- Collect special birds which you can use for mini-games or trade for rare items.
- Network with friends to trade your birds, or game-share a mini-game to have friends assist in capturing rare birds.
- Option to play with the original Japanese voices.
Official URLOfficial Site
esidos and 24 others own Brave Story: New Traveler
Godgamer056 and 5 others played Brave Story: New Traveler
- Genre: Fantasy RPG
- Theme(s): Anime, Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Game Republic
- Publisher: XSEED Games
Released North America Jul 31, 2007 Japan Jul 8, 2006
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (1)
- Also known as:
- Brave Story: Shintanaru Ryojin in Japan
- Brave Story: Aratanaru Tabijin in Japan