BackgroundKillzone Shadow Fall is set in a near future, thirty years after the events of KIllzone 3. The world is a very different place; two rival factions known as the Helghast and the Vektans live side by side in a futuristic city, divided by a vast wall. Tensions are high, and the cold war they are embroiled in is about to go hot. In the midst of all this stands a Shadow Marshal, you. The most special of the special forces, tasked with maintaining the delicate balance. From responding to bold attacks to quiet infiltrations or all-out combat, you will be required to adapt and think on your feet as you have to face a variety of escalating events that could destroy your home world.
Game PlayFollowing the cataclysmic chain of events that destroyed planet Helghan and abruptly ended the war in Killzone 3, the Helghast survivors and ISA remnants have settled into an uneasy truce. As part of the post-war reconciliations, the Helghast have been granted their own sectors on the lush, Eden-like planet of Vekta and its glorious capital, Vekta City.
For three decades, both factions have lived side by side, separated by an enormous security wall – but now their cold war is about to go hot. Behind the scenes, forces within each faction have begun warring and conspiring to further their own agendas. Some, like the extremist splinter group Black Hand, want to force an all-out civil war. Others, like Helghast intelligence operative Echo, are desperately trying to prevent it.
As Shadow Marshal Lucas Kellan, you must deal with the escalating hostilities before they envelop the entire planet. A new warrior for a new era of war, your missions will range from quiet infiltrations to all-out combat. You will need to be methodical and ready to adapt, as any misstep could lead to mutually assured destruction...
Just like the single player campaign, Killzone Shadow Fall’s 24-player multiplayer component gives you the freedom to play how you want.
- Warzones: Using the new customizable Warzone feature, you can pick the number of players, rules, mission modes, classes, abilities and weapons allowed in a match, then save these choices as a custom Warzone to share with the rest of the community.
- Classes & Abilities: There are three distinct classes and 14 unique special abilities in multiplayer. Each of the classes can be enhanced with up to two special abilities, allowing for highly specialized playing styles.
- Weapons & Attachments: Killzone Shadow Fall features 22 different weapons, all of them unlocked from the get-go. Each weapon can be augmented with up to two different attachment types at once. There are 19 different weapon attachments in total, which can be unlocked by completing specific Challenges.
- Challenges: Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer has a new progression system based on Challenges rather than XP. Completing a Challenge adds points to your rank, and rewards you with weapon attachments as well as enhancements to your abilities and visual identity.
- Spotlight System: The Spotlight System allows players to celebrate victory in style. At the end of each round, participants are presented with a brief action scene in which one of the top players from the winning team can perform a victory move against the top player from losing team.
- Post-Launch Support: Killzone Shadow Fall will extensive post-launch support with frequent releases of DLC expansion packs offering new gameplay and customization features. At the same time, all DLC multiplayer maps will be released free of charge to prevent the player base from becoming fractured.
Maps, maps, maps. They're all well and good until you're paying $15 for four of them and you... posted Jan 15, 14 11:06am
Two factions stuck on a planet with a mere wall between them. In Killzone Shadow Fall war seems... posted Oct 22, 13 9:34am
Airing during Monday Night Football last night, Sony released a brand new PlayStation 4... posted Oct 15, 13 8:18am
We've already gone over everything the OWL can do for a player in Killzone: Shadow Fall, but we... posted Jul 11, 13 8:37am
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Guerilla Games
- Publisher: SCEA
Released North America Nov 15, 2013 Europe Nov 29, 2013 Japan Feb 22, 2014 Australia Nov 29, 2013
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (4-24)