I’ve always liked my Strategy Role Playing Games (SRPGs) and in my experience, few...
Looks like Sega's lauded RPG Valkryia Chronicles has been doing well sales-wise, as yet another pack of DLC is... posted Feb 24, 10 10:42pm
The folks at Sega are hoping to raise some holiday cheer by... posted Dec 22, 09 9:13pm
Valkyria Chronicles puts you in the role of Welkin Gunther, a university student, son...
Sometimes in the months getting close to Christmas where games are getting pumped out...
BackgroundValkyria Chronicles is set in a fictitious continent reminiscent of 1930s, Europa divided in two and ruled by the Empire and the Federation. The Empire has set its sights on invading a small neutral country called Gallia, which is situated in the middle of the two great empires. The game follows a hero named Welkin and his fellow soldiers of the Federation's 7th Platoon that are fighting against the Empire intent on unifying the continent under its power. The Federation discovers that the Empire possesses a secret weapon, known as the "Valkyria"- an ancient race with special powers thought to exist only in legends. With this new discovery, the fate of the Federation's ability to win the war and a hope for a better future hangs in the balance.
- Breathtaking Graphics Resembling a Watercolor Painting in Motion. The CANVAS graphics engine, created exclusively for the PLAYSTATION 3, brings this never-before-seen style to life.
- BLiTZ Battle System: Battle with direct control in action sequences just as in action games, while also maneuvering through the vast world with strategic moves typical of tactical RPGs.
- Epic Storyline: Engaging story and plot twists provide hours of gameplay; immerse yourselves in the dramatic battle for freedom as Welkin, with the fate of the world in your hands.
- Customizable Platoons: With 50 upgradeable playable characters to choose from, you can gather powerful groups (e.g., all sniper platoons or all female platoons) to suit your varying battle needs.
- Beautifully Rendered Battlefields: You can gain the advantage in battle by drawing off the unique terrain in 30 different environments, as varied as industrial cities, forests, castles and fortresses.