BackgroundSir Francis Drake had a wealth of titles to his name by the time he died at sea in the winter of 1596. To his English countrymen, he was a hero - an explorer who circumnavigated the globe. A sea captain who sunk dozens of ships in the Spanish Armada, and a Knight by Queen Elizabeth's own hand. But to his enemies; he was the worst sort of villain- a marauder that heartlessly destroyed their ports and colonies. A pirate who ceaselessly stole their gold, spices, and jewels. Whatever he was called, his infamous adventuring career came to an end when his body was tipped overboard off the coast of Panama over 400 years ago. But what if inside his coffin there was no body? What if instead there was a mysterious book that documented his last great adventure? What if you found this book?
- Using maps and ancient artifacts, uncover clues and unravel mysteries to find a forgotten island and a treasure that was thought to have never existed
- Explore exotic locations. Traverse through living jungles and spectacular 400-year-old ruins.
- Drake's companions and allies play an important role in the adventure through cooperative mechanics, gun play and exploration.
- Experience fast-paced gunplay: use a variety of environmental elements for cover, shoot enemies off of moving vehicles in high speed chases and more.
- Use an array of hand-to-hand fighting moves to put your enemy off balance. Anything from wild haymaker punches to running drop-kicks.
- Naughty Dog's advanced animation techniques allow Nathan to switch seamlessly between movements and achieve a whole new level of believability in gameplay. Nathan can reload his weapon while dodging bullets and find cover behind a wall, all in one smooth natural motion.
- Characters express lifelike emotion using gesture and facial expression through the use of Naughty Dog's proprietary Wrinkle Mapping Facial Animation system.
- High-definition range lighting delivers full floating point color calculations yielding an unequaled level of realism and detail.
- Hyper realistic water through physics based Wave Simulation paired with cutting edge Refraction/Reflection rendering techniques.
- Utilizing next generation rendering techniques such as Bump Mapping, Parallax Mapping, Blend Shaders, Global Illumination, Runtime Shadows and Real Time Shadows, Naughty Dog has created a vibrant living environment.
Official URLOfficial Site
Sony Pictures' Uncharted: Drake's Fortune movie has lost its director Neil Burger. The departure of the... posted Aug 24, 12 6:45am
Richard Lemarchand, one of the lead designers of Uncharted 2 and 3 at Naughty Dog, is leaving the company.... posted Apr 30, 12 11:06am
All right, European PS3 owners, July is your month. Come July 22, Sony will be releasing no less than three... posted Jun 23, 11 4:51pm
- Genre: Action/Adventure (PS3)
- Theme(s): Alternate History
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Naughty Dog
- Publisher: SCEA
Released North America Nov 16, 2007 Europe Dec 7, 2007 Japan Dec 6, 2007 Australia Dec 6, 2007
|List of characters in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune||Dillon|
|Eddy Raja's pirates||Atoq Navarro|
|Gabriel Roman||Eddy Raja|
|Atoq Navarro's mercenaries||Mac|
|Robin Atkin Downes||James Sie|
|Matthew Yang King||Gregg Berger|
|Simon Templeman||Fred Tatasciore|
|Emily Rose||Yuri Lowenthal|
|Richard McGonagle||Steve Blum|