BackgroundHigh up in his penthouse office, a mysterious lunatic holds the infamous Twisted Metal tournament every year. Who is he? Calypso. And his thirst for chaos and destruction can only be quenched with death.
Contestants for Calypso’s Twisted Metal tournament are selected from all over the world to compete for the ultimate prize: Survival. Behind the wheel of the most twisted vehicles imaginable, contestants battle to the death until one, lone victor remains standing. The champion gets one wish granted by Calypso.
But there’s a twist.
This year, instead of offering the champion money, power or fame, rumor has it that Calypso is able to offer more…so much more. However, as contestants step up to prove themselves worthy of the Twisted Metal championship, a mysterious figure is tracking Calypso and preparing to strike back — someone who knows the truth behind where and how Calypso is getting his amazing prizes.
- Fight online as a disciple of one of four factions, each based on a classic Twisted Metal character.
- Supports up to 16 players online through PSN.* Play with friends in 2- 4 player split-screen and online as well.
- Featuring a variety of gameplay types including series' favorite and new, unique game modes.
- With the power of PS3 system, unleash massive amounts of destruction in brand new, never before seen Twisted levels.
- Deliver destruction to strategically change the face of the level, or just cause incredible chaos.
- Featuring a complete arsenal of weapons that make for more creative kills, from missiles and miniguns to giant magnets and flying mascots; players always have a way to take someone out.
- Choose from over a dozen Twisted vehicles, each outfitted with special weapons to strategically dismantle opponents.
- Flight is a first for the franchise. One of the new vehicles in Twisted Metal to take full advantage of flight is the Talon, a helicopter armed to the teeth with a minigun turret.
- Disciples team their rides up in various modes to wreak havoc on the enemy such as using the Talon as a magnet to pick up teammates and rain double the destruction down below.
- Fight for the prize of one wish fulfilled by Calypso, the Twisted Metal mastermind.
- Twisted Metal will feature full PSN Trophy support, making players' accomplishments that much more satisfying.
Official URLOfficial Site (NA)
Twisted Metal creator David Jaffe has spoken about the franchise's future. Jaffe, who also created the God of... posted Jul 31, 12 11:17am
Guns are your best friend in Twisted Metal but which weapons are right for you? A new video released today gives... posted Feb 09, 12 11:58am
[image1 link=yes width=650] Today, PlayStation 3 owners can get a first look at Twisted Metal with a... posted Jan 31, 12 2:39pm
[image1 link=yes width=650] If you're going to pick up Twisted Metal when it hits retailers on February 14,... posted Jan 23, 12 9:27am
Looks like Twisted Metal's delay won't last very long: in a video message, Eat Sleep Play co-founder David Jaffe... posted Aug 25, 11 12:32pm
We'll tell you guys the bad news first: Twisted Metal will not be released on October 4 as intended. Instead, Eat... posted Aug 05, 11 11:04am
[image2 link=yes width=650 height=238] Given the series' long history and console exclusivity, Twisted Metal... posted Apr 11, 11 12:12pm
- Genre: Racing - Car (PS3)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Eat Sleep Play
- Publisher: SCEA
Released North America Feb 14, 2012 Europe Mar 7, 2012 Australia Mar 8, 2012
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (2-4)
- Online Multi-player (16 max)
- Offline Co-op (4 max)
|Mr. Grimm||Road Boat|
|Sweet Tooth||Meat Wagon|
|The Brothers Grimm||Juggernaut|