BackgroundImmerse yourself in the magical world of The Golden Compass, the new blockbuster film from the studio behind The Lord of the Rings trilogy. It is a world where witches fly through frozen skies, giant armoured bears fight to defend their kingdom and where sinister Gobblers kidnap children and carry them to a frozen wasteland. And it is a world of intense danger and amazing adventure for the rebellious Lyra Belacqua...
Her uncle, Lord Asriel, has been imprisoned, her best friend Roger kidnapped and now she must leave the safety of Jordan College to rescue both. Joining Lyra in her mission is her animal daemon, Pan, as well as a giant and powerful polar bear, Iorek, and the mysterious Golden Compass - a truth-telling device that will help lead the way. Together they embark on an epic journey of action, exploration, collaboration and discovery.
GameplayThe Golden Compass promises to bring the beloved story to life through adventure and harrowing action sequences. As Lyra, players will evade dangers and traverse a magical landscape while uncovering the secret behind the disappearance of her friend and uncle. And as Iorek, the fearsome armored bear, players will smash through obstacles and enemies in order to protect Lyra along her way. Their travels will take them through a collection of unique locations, such as the port town Trollesund and a dark and foreboding research station in Bolvangar as well as areas not seen in the film. Together Lyra, Pan and Iorek embark on an epic journey of action, exploration, collaboration and discovery.
- True to the movie. The official video game of The Golden Compass from New Line Cinema - the studio behind The Lord of the Rings trilogy - comes to life Christmas 2007.
- Play as the heroes from the film. Embark on a journey into the frozen north as rebellious and headstrong heroine Lyra, who uses her cunning to evade enemies. Or charge forward as her powerful friend and protector, Iorek - a giant armored polar bear able to overcome any obstacle with his brute strength.
- Explore a parallel universe. Immerse yourself in the world of The Golden Compass movie and discover the majestic grandeur of Jordan College, the hustle and bustle of port town Trollesund, or the dark and foreboding research station at Bolvangar. Go beyond the movie with two areas from the His Dark Materials universe exclusive to the game.
- Discover a powerful bond greater than friendship. Experience the collaborative bond between Lyra and her unique animal-companion, Pan, who has the ability to morph into a variety of different creatures to help Lyra solve puzzles and navigate obstacles throughout her perilous journey.
- The Golden Compass will lead the way. Use the truth-telling Golden Compass to solve in-game puzzles and unlock bonus content, allowing you to explore the worlds as seen in the movie.
- Use quick wit to discover and evade. Participate in a variety of themed mini-games to help Lyra gain further information about her journey and avoid confrontation with those that mean her harm.
Materias and 3 others own The Golden Compass
Saskai played The Golden Compass
- Genre: Mystery Adventure (PS3)
- Theme(s): Fantasy, Medieval
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: Shiny Entertainment
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Dec 4, 2007 Europe Dec 7, 2007 Australia Dec 7, 2007
- Also known as:
- His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass in North America
- Lyra no Bouken: Ougon no Rashinban in Japan