BackgroundTwo Swords, Two Generations, One Destiny!
SOULCALIBUR V, the latest entry in the premier weapons-based head-to-head fighting series continues the epic struggle of warriors in search for the legendary Soul Swords. Taking place 17 years after the events of SOULCALIBUR IV and continues the epic story of warriors in search of the legendary Soul Swords in 17th century Europe. The heroic battles transpire in a beautiful and fluid world with eye-popping graphics and visual appeal. SOULCALIBUR V tunes the battle, movement, and visual systems so players can pull off cool dynamic attacks with ease and battle with complete freedom. A new dawn rises in the eternal struggle between the mighty Soul Swords!
- The master assassin: Ezio Auditore, from the critically acclaimed Assassin’s Creed® series, appears as the guest combatant with a wide range of assassination tools including his trademark Hidden Blade as weapons.
- A new chapter: Follow the story of Patroklos, the son of Sophitia Alexandra as he begins to unravel the fated connection that links his family’s destiny to the legendary Soul swords.
- Multiple fighting styles: Choose from a roster of over two dozen new and returning characters, each with their own deadly weapons, fighting styles and visual flare.
- Dynamic fights: Spectacular, high-speed battles featuring new battle systems including the explosive Critical Edge and Brave Edge attacks, and the defensive Quick Move and Just Guard maneuvers.
- Unlimited character customization: Create your personalized fighter with the most robust character creation tool ever in the SOULCALIBUR series.
- Face off against the competition: Challenge the computer AI, compete against your friends or challenge fighters from around the world with massive online features including a lobby system, chat and opponent search functionality.
Official URLOfficial Site
Official Playstation Page
Official Namco Page
If you missed out on the last Soul Calibur for whatever reason, be glad to hear that Soul Calibur V is on its way... posted Apr 17, 13 1:05pm
Namco Bandai has revealed that Soul Calibur V has sold more than a million units. The fighter sold 680,000... posted Aug 03, 12 7:31am
If you're looking for a special way to propose to your significant other, some new Soul Calibur V DLC might be... posted Jun 19, 12 7:41am
I don't play much Soul Calibur. What do I mean by this? I played Soul Calibur 4 for a...
Namco Bandai has revealed that From Software's action role-playing game Dark Souls has sold over a million copies... posted May 08, 12 11:08am
Super Battle Opera, one of the largest tournaments in Japan, has been considering adding console-exclusive... posted Apr 26, 12 2:27pm
I'm going to be honest in saying that I don't particularly like fighting games all...
Previously we announced that Namco had changes in store for Soul Calibur V, and today, the publisher provided a... posted Mar 19, 12 4:15pm
I've had a lot to live up to. My oldest brother, Soul Edge, was the first to...
This weekend, FinestKO will be hosting the Super Norcal Install’s live on Twitch.tv. Stream monsters, and casual... posted Mar 16, 12 12:38pm
Soul Calibur V changes are on the horizon, Namco revealed today, and the community can expect a title update next... posted Mar 16, 12 11:54am
For awhile now, the MLG (Major League Gaming) has been dangling the proverbial bone over the... posted Mar 07, 12 3:49pm
- Genre: Fighting (PS3)
- Theme(s): Ancient Cultures, Asiatic
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Namco Bandai Games
- Publisher: Namco Bandai Games
Released North America Jan 31, 2012 Europe Feb 3, 2012 Japan Feb 2, 2012 Australia Feb 2, 2012
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (2 max)
- Online Multi-player (2 max)
- Also known as:
- Souru Kyaribaa V in Japan