BackgroundThe world’s premier weapon-based fighting game franchise returns to deliver a true, next generation fighting experience. Set to finally reveal the origins of the Soulcalibur saga, Soulcalibur IV features both new and familiar faces from across the galaxy, seeking the rival swords for vengeance, honor and salvation. In a monumental alliance, legendary Star Wars icon, Darth Vader, invades the Soulcalibur universe! Soulcalibur IV continues the series’ tradition of reinventing, enhancing and breaking new boundaries. Now the world’s favorite fighting game redefines the entire genre for the next generation of both new and fiercely loyal Soulcalibur fans.
GameplayWith the latest Soul Calibur game upon us, there have been some changes to the gameplay aspect. A new mode called "Tower of Lost Souls" has been incorporated, as well as a more in-depth character creation system, which has tons of new features and variety, such as new equipment to choose from. Coupled with the first game in the series that allows you duke it out online, a Soul Calibur game has never had better gameplay.
- Unleash the Force: iconic Star Wars character, Sith Lord Darth Vader challenge the Soulcalibur fighters for the future of the powerful swords.
- Unparalleled High Definition Graphics: experience the legendary Soulcalibur level of graphics now in 720p HD resolution for the first time.
- Take the Fight Online: for the first time ever, fight opponents around the world online in multiple versus modes.
- The Ultimate Roster: battle with classic Soulcalibur characters, exciting newcomers or customize your own unique fighter.
- New Fighting System Elements: exciting new fighting game elements including the Active Matching Battle System and the ability to execute devastating critical strikes.
- Multiple Gameplay Modes: experience Soulcalibur with Story, Arcade, Tower of Reminiscence, Training Practice, Character creation, and Museum View modes.
Official URLOfficial Site (JP)
Official Playstation Page (US)
Official Namco Page (US)
Mother Ranma and 142 others own Soul Calibur IV
Prophet398 and 41 others played Soul Calibur IV
Namco Bandai has revealed that Soul Calibur V has sold more than a million units. The fighter sold 680,000... posted Aug 03, 12 7:31am
Shockwave07This has to be one of the best fighter series of all time. Making your own fighter is awesome. Wish you could make your own move set! SoulCalibur4 X360
Nov 23, 11 10:41am
nasty nappaloved the inclusion of darth vader but the game gets boring to quickly SoulCalibur4 X360
Aug 02, 11 2:19am
avesThese are my favorite fighting games, right beside Super Smash Bros. SoulCalibur4 X360
Jul 26, 11 5:04pm
XcaptainXobliviousXwtf is up with this game. i fucking love soul calibur, but this one was incredibly slow. SoulCalibur4 X360
Dec 26, 09 1:35am
Oct 05, 09 7:07pm
Despite that fact that a large quantity of my childhood gaming was absorbed by Tekken,...
Big_JackEasily beaten but to unlock everything you'll need nerves of steel and a determination I simply don't have. Hot girls too. SoulCalibur4 X360
Aug 25, 09 6:08pm
Shadow of DeathMain 'story' is bloody short, 4 friggen battles per character. SoulCalibur4 X360
May 07, 09 12:42am
- Genre: Fighting (PS3)
- Theme(s): Historical, Medieval
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Project Soul
- Publisher: Namco Bandai Games
Released North America Jul 29, 2008 Europe Aug 1, 2008 Japan Dec 31, 2007 Australia Jul 31, 2008
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (2 max)
- Online Multi-player (2 max)
- Also known as:
- Souru Kyaribaa IV in Japan