BackgroundIn Skylanders SWAP Force, Portal Masters embark on an all new adventure in the mysterious Cloudbreak Islands, home to a mystical volcano that erupts every hundred years to replenish the magic in Skylands. During an epic battle, a brave group of Skylanders were caught in the volcano’s eruption, which blasted them apart and sent them to earth. But, the magic of the volcano gave these heroes a remarkable new power -- the ability to swap halves – turning them into a special team known as the SWAP Force. Meanwhile, Kaos is back with a new evil plan. And now, Portal Masters everywhere must reassemble the SWAP Force -- in their original form or in new combinations -- and send them back to Cloudbreak to save Skylands!
Game PlayThe game introduces an all-new play pattern -- dynamic swapability -- that lets gamers reconfigure 16 SWAP Force inter-action figures into more than 250 unique characters by swapping the top and bottom halves of the toys. Now, Portal Masters can mix and match characters’ powers and moves and experience an unprecedented level choice than ever before seen in a Skylanders game. Fans also can play Skylanders SWAP Force with their entire collection of characters from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and Skylanders Giants.
- Vast Possibilities for Play – Skylanders SWAP Force features 16 new inter-action figures with new powers and a fresh play pattern – dynamic swapability – that lets kids create more than 250 unique character combinations, giving them more choice than ever before over how they fight and move in the game. With each new addition to their Skylanders SWAP Force collection, Portal Masters unlock an exciting world of possibilities.
- More Play Options – For the first time, Portal Masters can experience new dimensions of gameplay including the addition of jumping. And, seasoned fans can play Skylanders SWAP Force with their entire collection of characters from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and Skylanders Giants. Skylanders SWAP Force delivers a diverse and dynamic, story-driven gameplay experience, filled with adventure, combat, puzzles, mini games, and drop-in/drop-out co-op - all set within compelling environments.
- All New Characters – More than 50 collectible characters including:
- Exciting Adventure – Portal Masters will embark on a brand new adventure, encountering never-before-seen enemies and challenges, as well as meeting memorable non-playable characters who can help the Skylanders defeat Kaos and his minions in the Cloudbreak Islands.
- Unique Swap Force Zones – Skylanders SWAP Force characters feature traversal abilities – such as flying, climbing, digging, bouncing, or teleporting – each of which can be explored in new areas of Skylands that are centered on these new play mechanics.
- Enhanced Graphics Quality – Swap Force’s high-resolution graphics bring to life amazingly detailed characters and richer environments to deliver a high level of visual fidelity that immerses players in the game like never before.
Skylanders collectors live and die for those rare releases. Activision knows this, so it's no... posted Dec 13, 13 12:02pm
It was the most exciting month for the gaming industry yet this year, as November marked the... posted Dec 12, 13 4:59pm
The NPD Group's video game industry retail sales report card for the month of October has come... posted Nov 15, 13 1:46pm
This weekend has been a busy one for gamers big and small, with Skylanders SWAP Force crammed... posted Oct 14, 13 4:32am
Boom Jet, Grilla Drilla, Slobber Tooth and Zoo Lou join Skylanders SWAP Force, figures look outstanding
Ahh, Skylanders. It's the best selling video game and toy line in the world. When Skylanders... posted Aug 22, 13 9:42am
Activision Blizzard has purchased its independence from Vivendi today after acquiring 429... posted Jul 25, 13 11:36pm
Remember when, back in January, Activision reported that the Skylanders series' had made over $500 million in the... posted Feb 11, 13 12:55pm
Skylanders has proven insanely successful as a game series and toy line, so it's not surprising Activision would... posted Feb 05, 13 8:38pm
- Genre: Fantasy Adventure (PS3)
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Vicarious Visions
- Publisher: Activision
Released North America Oct 13, 2013 Europe Oct 18, 2013 Australia Oct 16, 2013
- Skylanders Giants (2012)