BackgroundThe biohazard threat has not ended: Just when it seemed that the menace of Resident Evil had been destroyed, along comes a new terror to send shivers down player's spines. Chris Redfield, returning Resident Evil hero, has followed the path of the evil literally around the globe. After joining a new organization, Chris heads to Africa, where the latest bioterrorism threat is literally transforming the people and animals of the city into mindless, maddened creatures. Chris must take on the challenge of discovering the truth behind this evil plot. In Resident Evil 5, Capcom will teach players to fear the daylight as much as they have feared shadow in previous games.
GameplayResident Evil 5 returns with it's third person shooter thrill ride. The popular over-the-shoulder camera from the blockbuster Resident Evil 4 makes a come back in 5 as you try to unravel the mysteries of the Umbrella Corporation one and for all.
- Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, returns
- New environments and a diverse assortment of locations
- New enemies bring new challenges: speed and intelligence make adversaries as dangerous singly as they are in groups.
- An arsenal of weapons at the players command to keep the evil at bay, including knives, pistols, machine guns, sniper rifles and more.
- Lighting effects provide a new level of suspense in both harsh light and deepest shadow
- True high definition gaming on multiple game platforms, using an advanced version of Capcom's proprietary game engine, MT Framework, which powered the next-gen, million-plus hit titles Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising.
Official URLOfficial Site (US)
Official Page (US)
Official Site (JP)
"Resident Evil 5"
Ah, the Resident Evil series. Some say it went down hill after...
Capcom has said the decision to include zombies in Resident Evil 6 was due to fan feedback. Following the... posted Jul 28, 12 4:06am
Resident Evil 5 has been through quite a bit, from racism accusations to the DLC debacle. As it turns out, the... posted Aug 25, 10 6:16am
- Genre: Action/Adventure (PS3)
- Theme(s): Horror
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America Mar 13, 2009 Europe Mar 13, 2009 Japan Mar 5, 2009 Australia Mar 13, 2009
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (2-4)
- Offline Co-op (2 max)
- Online Co-op (2 max)
- Also known as:
- Biohazard 5 in Japan
- Resident Evil 4
- Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2
- Resident Evil: Outbreak
- Resident Evil Code: Veronica X