BackgroundIn Quantum Conundrum, players take on the role of a young kid dropped off on his uncle’s doorstep for the weekend; his uncle just so happens to be the brilliant, eccentric inventor, Professor Fitz Quadwrangle. Upon entering the Professor’s vast manor home retrofitted with crazy technology to test his latest hypotheses, players quickly realize their uncle has gone missing.
Game PlayPlayers gain access to Professor Quadwrangle’s latest invention, the Inter-Dimensional Shift Device, which, at the press of a button, will shift the world around them to an entirely new dimension. In order to find him, players must use the newly found IDS Device to dynamically change the world to and from a variety of different dimensions to progress through the complicated Quadwrangle Manor. While on the journey, becoming adept at utilizing the various dimensions will help them trek from one bizarre and challenging room to the next.
- Engaging Puzzle Gameplay: Using the Inter-Dimensional Shift Device, players will shift to and from various dimensions to manipulate the world around them and clear levels with increasing degrees of difficulty.
- Experience New Dimensions: Each dimension the player gains access to becomes a valuable asset to manipulate objects in the manor in a specific way. For example, the Fluffy Dimension makes heavy objects ten times lighter, enabling players to move what was once an immovable safe from one place to the next.
- Immersive, Interactive Environment: In addition to the various dimensions allowing the player to learn new skills and techniques, the look and feel of each dimension is completely distinct. When shifting to the Fluffy Dimension, everything in the room becomes soft and plushy like a cuddly version of its previous state. Every dimension carries its own atmosphere, letting the player feel like they are truly in the world.
- Unique Art Style and Humor: The Professor’s manor and all the items within it have a unique style, but that’s not all. Players should be on the lookout for humorous touches and jokes scattered throughout the manor home. Who wouldn’t want to know what the infamous Professor Quadwrangle looks like in the Fluffy Dimension?
- The (0,0,0) of Species Feb 14
What happens when you mix a disco inferno with Norse mythology? Check out the newly announced Soul Fjord to find... posted Apr 29, 13 3:26pm
Quantum Conundrum makes its console debut today on PSN, with the XBLA version due out tomorrow, July 11. This... posted Jul 10, 12 12:22pm
Today Square Enix unveils its entire E3 2012 lineup, and while the list is certainly extensive, the majority of... posted May 30, 12 12:23pm
Quantum Conundrum, a new puzzle adventure game from Portal's Kim Swift, will be hitting PC, XBLA, and PSN this... posted Mar 16, 12 6:04pm
Quantum Conundrum, an upcoming puzzler from Portal co-creator Kim Swift, will be arriving this summer, confirms... posted Feb 28, 12 1:34pm
[image1 link=yes width=650] Some new screenshots for Quantum Conundrum give a glimpse at the Fluffy... posted Feb 15, 12 2:33pm
[image2 link=yes width=650 height=366] We haven't heard a whole lot about Portal co-creator Kim Swift's... posted Dec 19, 11 1:26pm
From Portal co-creator Kim Swift comes Quantum Conundrum, a first-person puzzle game starring a boy in search of... posted Aug 26, 11 2:32pm