BackgroundPayDay 2 is an action-packed, four-player co-op shooter that once again lets gamers don the masks of the original PayDay crew - Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf and Chains - as they descend on Washington D.C. for an epic crime spree.
Game PlayThe new Crimenet network offers a huge range of dynamic contracts and players are free to choose anything from small-time convenience store hits or kidnappings, to major league cyber-crime or emptying out major bank vaults for that epic PayDay. While in D.C., why not participate in the local community and run a few political errands?
Up to four friends co-operate on the hits and as the crew progresses the jobs become bigger, better and more rewarding. Along with earning more money and becoming a legendary criminal comes a new character customization and crafting system that lets crews build and customize their own guns and gear.
- Crimenet - The dynamic contract database lets gamers pick and choose from available jobs by connecting with local contacts such as Vlad the Ukrainian, shady politician "The Elephant" and Mexican drug trafficker Hector, all with their own agenda and best interests in mind. Crimenet features dozens of varied, exciting jobs and as the player progresses, new contacts with new jobs become available.
- Choose Your Profession - As players progress they can invest in any of four special professions: the Mastermind, the Enforcer, the Ghost and the Technician. Each features a deep customization tree of associated skills and equipment to master and they can be mixed and matched to create the ultimate heister.
- PayDay Loot - Finishing a job isn't just an accomplishment to be proud of. After a successful heist gamers will also earayDay rare and powerful new equipment such as masks, weapons mods, mask modifications and a variety of other accessories.
- Weapons and Modifications - A brand new arsenal for the serious heister covering everything from sniper and assault rifles to compact PDWs and SMGs. Once players have settled for a favorite, they can modify it with optics, suppressors, fore grips, reticles, barrels, frames and stocks - all of which will affect the performance of their weapon. There are also purely aesthetic enhancements - why not go for the drug lord look with polished walnut grips for your nine?
- Mission Assets - Every job has a set of purchasable assets that can alter and enhance the heist such as a faster escape car, blueprints or even inside help.
- Character Upgrades - The signature PayDay mask can now be customized into tens of thousands of different combinations, color and material variations and there is a bigger selection of gear to wear for the discerning high-fashion heister.
- Multistage Jobs - Many contracts feature several separate stages allowing for mission forks and different outcomes depending on what the players accomplish in each individual stage.
- Rob Banks With Friends - Players must choose their crew carefully because when the job goes down they will need the right mix of skills on their side.
- PayDay Gun Play and Mechanics on a New Level - Firing weapons and zip tying civilians never felt so good.
- Dynamic Scenarios - No heist ever plays out the same way twice. Every single scenario has random geometry or even rare events.
- Character Progression - Gamers begin as dime store thieves and as the game progresses they unlock new skills, weapons, accessories and masks, eventually becoming legendary robbers.
- Play It Your Way - Each job allows for multiple approaches such as slow and stealthy ambushes to running in guns blazing. Players hit the target any way they want and watch as the heist unfolds accordingly.
- AI Director - PayDay 2's new AI director breaks new ground and requires even more from the dedicated co-operative player base. Enemies will devise strategies in response to player action like flash banging, breaching tactics, freeing hostages and even recovering loot bags. Let's do this!
Sony's continuing to prove that their super impressive PlayStation Plus line-up month to month... posted Jan 30, 14 8:07pm
Summer is winding down, and according to the NPD Group the U.S. video games industry managed to... posted Sep 12, 13 6:06pm
Payday 2 launches today, everyone! Though to be fair, depending on your preferred method of... posted Aug 13, 13 10:12am
Payday 2 now has a specific, official release date. Pick up the cooperative shooter on August... posted Aug 06, 13 12:47pm
I was able to see Payday 2 at E3 and was able to walk out and confidently say I had barely scratched the surface... posted Jul 09, 13 8:22am
Two months until August 15 and Payday 2 hits store shelves on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Yet even the most... posted Jun 13, 13 12:25am
PAYDAY 2 transitions from digital-only to full retail, coming out on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 this August
Sometimes full retails games turn into digital-only, but it's a rare to near unheard of occurrence that a game...
Sometimes full retails games turn into digital-only, but it's a rare to near unheard of occurrence that a game...posted May 14, 13 9:49am
PayDay 2 unveiled as summer release for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC, so best prepare for more criminal co-op action
Overkill Software announced today a sequel for their PayDay: The Heist series, appropriately titled PayDay 2. As... posted Mar 12, 13 1:59pm
- Genre: Action (PSN)
- Perspective(s): First Person,Third Person
- Developer: Overkill Software
- Publisher: 505 Games
Released North America Aug 13, 2013 Europe Aug 16, 2013 Australia Aug 15, 2013