BackgroundThe newest installment of the ever popular EA series. NHL 08 trys to continue what it started last year with the "Skill Stick" and make another great game with an all new skating engine and the new "Create a Play" mode.
- The Skill Stick gives you the power to "deke" the goalie in NHL 07 – now you can own the 1-on-1 matchup and undress opposing defenseman with complete control Use your stick to push the puck into space and walk around your defender. Once you're all alone in front, improved stick handling and shooting accuracy will give you the toolset to beat your goaltender for that decisive goal.
- Dynamic AI adjusts to your every move both on offense and defense, promising to challenge even the most skilled hockey players. The intelligent CPU scouts your tendencies like a coach and makes the necessary adjustments to shut down your money plays, forcing you to adjust your style of play.
- Take any team into practice mode and train them to run custom rush and in-zone plays in game. Do you want your team to run cycle plays down low? Or feed the point for a one-timer? Record the exact movements of each player in practice mode and watch as your team's AI executes them in gameplay.
- New analog speed control of the left stick gives you the variance you need to glide into the zone with control or get a burst of speed to step up on a defender. With new skating animations and responsiveness, you have the control to perform crossovers to maintain speed or carve tight turns for an immediate change in direction.
- 29 AHL teams – the top developmental league for the NHL – are exclusively featured and fully playable. Develop your talent with their minor affiliate until you are ready to call them up for the show. Be the GM and manage your team from the ground up while staying under the salary cap.
- Take on the hardest job in sports and seize control of your goaltender with a new 3rd person camera. Stack the pads, butterfly and make glove saves with your entire team depending on you.
- From player likeness, to the signature jersey tucks and sock preferences – each athlete is rendered with a meticulous attention to detail to create a truly authentic on-ice experience.
Official URLOfficial Site
Plankton1652 and 10 others own NHL 08
- Genre: Hockey (PS3)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Electronic Arts
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Sep 11, 2007 Europe Sep 21, 2007 Australia Sep 27, 2007