NetherRealm Studios creative director Ed Boon has said that, due to keep both franchises on a separate path, a... posted Sep 06, 12 5:16am
Quite a lot going on with today's PlayStation Network update. Besides the... posted Nov 01, 11 5:16pm
Midway falls on hard times as it finds itself owing a bunch of cash to a bunch of people. It was recently revealed... posted Mar 04, 09 8:01pm
Mortal Kombat has been a Midway staple since the days when the publisher still dabbled in the arcade scene, but... posted Mar 02, 09 8:40pm
Since its launch in November 2008, Midway's multi-platform fighter Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe has reached a... posted Jan 26, 09 9:05pm
BackgroundWhen a cataclysmic force merges conquerors from two universes, conflict is inevitable. Kombat forces friends to fight, worlds to collide, and unlikely alliances to be forged. In order to save all they know, the heroes and villains of Mortal Kombat must wage war against the combined might of the DC Universe (DCU). How can either side prevail when rage blinds them to the dark threat poised to destroy them all?
GameplayFor the first time ever, Scorpion, Sub-Zero and other classic Mortal Kombat warriors battle with Batman, Superman, and other popular DC Universe superheroes in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. Choose your side and challenge your opponents with an all-new fighting system including Free fall Kombat and Klose Kombat along with dynamic multi-tiered environments. Plus, pick your favorite character from the Mortal Kombat or DC Universe and pursue a fighting adventure in the new single-player mode with an intertwined storyline and two unique perspectives.
- Choose your kombatant!: Kombat forces friends to fight, worlds to collide, and unlikely alliances to be forged. In the ultimate Elseworlds story, players can now explore what would happen when Sub-Zero faces off against Batman, and more.
- Signature attacks and finishing moves: Each character sports specific moves to take down opponents in their own signature style.
- All-new fighting mechanics: Face off with two all-new fighting mechanics, Freefall Kombat and Klose Kombat. Freefall Kombat allows players to battle in mid-air while falling from one arena into the next. The brutal and up-close Klose Kombat showcases the gritty dark tone through progressive damage inflicted on fighters during battle through visible bruises, torn clothing, and more!
- Single-player mode: Choose your storyline experience beginning with either the Mortal Kombat or DC Universe. The unique storyline intertwines both universes and characters into an exclusive dynamic fighting adventure.
- Ultimate fighting arenas: Battle in iconic arenas including Metropolis and Gotham City from the DC Universe side, and Hell and Graveyard from the Mortal Kombat side, as well as several never-before-seen combo arenas blending the two universes together!
- Top writing talent: The collaborative partnership of top comics writing team Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray (Countdown, Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters) along with veteran Mortal Kombat team members provides a dark, realistic tone.
- Online battles: Choose your side, challenge friends, and take the fight online!