BackgroundThe year is 2025. The optimism and harmony of the 2010s were completely eradicated by 2020. A global crisis loomed. Food shortages sparked riots, currencies plummeted, fuel reserves dwindled, and oil-producing nations began to ration what remained. It is a dark future. Governments earmarked money for humanitarian efforts, overseas security, and intelligence services which, over time, found its way the coffers of a small group of Private Military Companies (PMCs). These three private armies (Valor, Raven, and S.V.E.R.) then began to recruit aggressively. Soldiers without a country, the contractors fight wars that never happened. This is the nature of the Shadow War.
GameplayPlayers join one of three PMCs fighting each other in a shadow war and can either become skilled operatives or rank up to eventually command their private army to victory. Featuring unprecedented online action of a scale never before devised with player controlled strategic assets such as calling in air strikes, mortar barrages and parachute insertions; the persistent Shadow War in MAG keeps players coming back for more.
Utilizing a sophisticated ranking system and chain of command model, MAG manages the large number of players by breaking them down into squads of eight players. Players climb their way up the chain of command to take control of their 8-person squad, then 32-person platoon, and ultimately a 128-person army.
- Unprecedented Action - For the first time ever, fight 256 real player battles in hi-def online combat for contracts around the world.
- Command Structure - Rise through the chain of command, earning the right to lead an eight-man squad, 32-man platoon, and even command a full 128-man army.
- Persistent Shadow War - Each battle victory or loss contributes to your PMCs world standing, moving them on the offensive or pulling them back to the defensive.
- Choose an army - Three distinct PMCs from which to choose from, each with their own storied history, personality, and style.
- Customization - Customize your character and begin to pursue a wide variety of combat specialties. Become an elite fighter or a general of an army.
Zipper Interactive's better known work has always been focused around the iconic SOCOM...
A sweet little patch has been released today for Zipper's MAG, updating the game for mode and gameplay... posted Aug 12, 10 4:59pm
The biggest patch yet for Zipper's shooter MAG is releasing this evening, packing "expanded Medical Kit... posted Jun 07, 10 10:41pm
[image1 link=yes width=114 height=175 float=right] Next week MAG players will be able to get their hands on... posted Apr 22, 10 4:43pm
MAG fans are in for some treats this evening. As of Thursday, March 25 at 12am Pacific/ 3am Eastern/ 8am GMT,... posted Mar 25, 10 11:31am
The love just isn't stopping for MAG. Today all North American owners of the online shooter get those nifty... posted Mar 11, 10 7:47pm
Yet another update has been released for MAG, which the developer says "makes the game even better than it... posted Feb 25, 10 6:22pm
MAG gets a little better tomorrow (or late tonight, depending how you look at it) with a new patch, putting the... posted Feb 16, 10 11:44pm
Though the PlayStation Trophy reward system has been popular amongst gamers, it has always had a few issues in... posted Feb 07, 10 9:26am
The Shadow War has been raging strong since MAG's launch last week, despite the minor faults which occured on day... posted Feb 04, 10 7:05pm
With MAG releasing worldwide this week, and already being available in the States, Zipper has updated the... posted Jan 26, 10 7:01pm
With MAG releasing next week in most regions, it was only a matter of time before we saw more of Kevin Butler.... posted Jan 23, 10 8:46pm
- Genre: Action Shooter (PS3)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Zipper Interactive
- Publisher: SCEI
Released North America Jan 26, 2010 Europe Jan 28, 2010 Australia February 2010
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (256)