BackgroundOn a lost planet fight for survival, hunt for revenge... Your memory lies in pieces, like shattered glass... Green Eye... your father... lying dead on the ground. These memories continue to haunt your steps. But now is not the time for quiet contemplation. The Akrid are attacking! It's time to put it all on the line, avenge your father and save the tattered remnants of humanity. Find Thermal Energy, destroy the Akrid menace. On a lost planet, your destiny will unfold...
- All 16 previously released multiplayer maps (including the extra downloadable content from Xbox LIVE) included on the disc.
- New unlockable characters for single and multiplayer mode, including Frank West from Dead Rising, Megaman, and others.
- Intense multiplayer modes with support for up to 16 players online.
- Frenetic action
- Lost Planet is a fast-paced third-person shooter with all the depth, intrigue and intensity of a science fiction classic.Connect to gamers around the world via PLAYSTATION Network and participate in a variety of cooperative and versus battles with up to 16 players:Elimination
- Itâ€™s every snow pirate for themselves in this death match mode where the victorious are rewarded for the most points earned.Team Elimination - Youâ€™re only as good as your teammates so strategy and cooperation is key in eliminating the opposing side.Post Grab
- Teams are tasked with capturing and holding as many Posts as possible.Fugitive
- One player is assigned as the â€œFugitiveâ€, and he or she will earn points for various actions (staying alive, killing enemies, capturing Posts). Dying deducts points and winning is determined when a maximum total is reached or when the score ticks down to zero.
- Foot and robotic Vital Suit-based gameplay - Command high powered VS and weapons not only to help players traverse the treacherous terrain, but to eliminate enemies that lie ahead. Strategically switch between VS and on foot gameplay to best face each situation and challenge.
- Vast environments
- Snowstorms, arctic winds, towering buildings and mountains of ice are all stunningly realized as battles occur above and below ground, creating a truly immersive and cinematic event of epic proportions.
- A premier team of developers - The creators of the critically acclaimed Onimusha and Devil May Cry series have come together to create the expansive world of Lost Planet.
X-Men: Destiny lands on consoles (and DS) next week, and in preparation for that, developer Silicon Knights... posted Sep 23, 11 3:07pm
Looks like 2K Games aren't the only ones investing in the movie industry: Capcom has announced it'll be putting its... posted Jul 16, 08 4:27pm
With alien related games slowly slipping away from popularity developers need to start...
- Genre: Action Shooter (PS3)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person,Third Person
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America Feb 26, 2008 Europe Feb 28, 2008 Japan Feb 21, 2008 Australia Feb 27, 2008
- Lost Planet 3
- Lost Planet 2
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition
- Lost Planet Extreme Condition