BackgroundOn a lost planet fight for survival, hunt for revenge... Your memory lies in pieces, like shattered glass... Green Eye... your father... lying dead on the ground. These memories continue to haunt your steps. But now is not the time for quiet contemplation. The Akrid are attacking! It's time to put it all on the line, avenge your father and save the tattered remnants of humanity. Find Thermal Energy, destroy the Akrid menace. On a lost planet, your destiny will unfold...
- All 16 previously released multiplayer maps (including the extra downloadable content from Xbox LIVE) included on the disc.
- New unlockable characters for single and multiplayer mode, including Frank West from Dead Rising, Megaman, and others.
- Intense multiplayer modes with support for up to 16 players online.
- Frenetic action
- Lost Planet is a fast-paced third-person shooter with all the depth, intrigue and intensity of a science fiction classic.Connect to gamers around the world via PLAYSTATION Network and participate in a variety of cooperative and versus battles with up to 16 players:Elimination
- Itâ€™s every snow pirate for themselves in this death match mode where the victorious are rewarded for the most points earned.Team Elimination - Youâ€™re only as good as your teammates so strategy and cooperation is key in eliminating the opposing side.Post Grab
- Teams are tasked with capturing and holding as many Posts as possible.Fugitive
- One player is assigned as the â€œFugitiveâ€, and he or she will earn points for various actions (staying alive, killing enemies, capturing Posts). Dying deducts points and winning is determined when a maximum total is reached or when the score ticks down to zero.
- Foot and robotic Vital Suit-based gameplay - Command high powered VS and weapons not only to help players traverse the treacherous terrain, but to eliminate enemies that lie ahead. Strategically switch between VS and on foot gameplay to best face each situation and challenge.
- Vast environments
- Snowstorms, arctic winds, towering buildings and mountains of ice are all stunningly realized as battles occur above and below ground, creating a truly immersive and cinematic event of epic proportions.
- A premier team of developers - The creators of the critically acclaimed Onimusha and Devil May Cry series have come together to create the expansive world of Lost Planet.
X-Men: Destiny lands on consoles (and DS) next week, and in preparation for that, developer Silicon Knights... posted Sep 23, 11 3:07pm
Noticed something on the NeoBlogs front page today: a Top Blogs panel. What is that, exactly? It sure as hell can't be based on comments because I've noticed some people are racking up over 20 or 30 comments per entry (albeit those are usually the same 2-4 people bantering back and forth about God knows what). Hits, perhaps? I'm going to vote for "hits" 'cause that'd be *bleep*ing awesome. Why would that be *bleep*ing awesome? I direct your attention to the picture. Admittedly, I don't exactly fit in with the rest of the bloggers in terms of content.
Speaking of which...
Some of the staff think that NeoBlogs has potential not only as a means for bored... kids... to write about themselves, but also a way of promoting the website in general. A few of us noticed that not everyone is even aware we have a front page, or what the hell it's even for. Shit, it's totally possible that the vast majority of forum addicts and bloggers don't care about hardware and games, but...
Okay, we'll ask. How many of you guys actually give a rat's ass about hardware and video games? How many of you don't and frequent Neoseeker only for the blogs and forums?
There, that's out there now. If there's any interesting news on the front page or new reviews up (that I know of), then I'll post them here. Most of them are written by... me... because I can actually keep track of those. Ideally, if you follow a link of my article to the front page, you'll take some time to look at other bits of news written by cool people like Sean, Leo, Kevin, and the occasional volunteer writer -- I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU CHRIS HIGGINS AKA lord monkey. As for reviews? Well, they're often posted on the forums, so hey, you should read them!
So! My previous post was mostly about the Dawn of War II review that went up this weekend, written by yours truly. Once again I must credit Adrian for being so awesome and dealing with the people I really hate talking to (PR guys), thus fetching games to be reviewed by Neo staff.
Here's the link again because I am now a Dawn of War II whore, and Sean needs to get it soon. There's co-op fun to be had!
Screenshots, trailers, and a whole lot of WIN. Another piece of awesome is yesterday's Xbox LIVE announcement for Lost Planet 2, and Capcom has leaped up a few notches in my book thanks to Takeuchi-san and Oguro-san. The trailer was pretty *bleep*ing sweet too, comprised entirely of in-game footage. If you guys have an Xbox 360, check it out. If not, try Google.
Lastly, Hotel Dusk: Room 215 is so also a big glass of awesome. I always joke about how my DS cries itself to sleep at night because I only my Xbox 360. As of the late, the TABLES HAVE TURNED. My 360 has become the family DVD player with the exception of my recent excursion with Mirror's Edge. What's the appeal anyway? Could be my inherent love for crime shit. You're looking at one of the biggest Law & Order fans ever...
Adrian has managed to hook me up with a review copy of Halo Wars, which should be arriving this week in the mail. Keep an eye out for Neoseeker's review, yeah?
musingsthoughts neoseeker related warhammer dawn of war ii neoseeker xbox 360 capcom
Looks like 2K Games aren't the only ones investing in the movie industry: Capcom has announced it'll be putting its... posted Jul 16, 08 4:27pm
With alien related games slowly slipping away from popularity developers need to start...
- Genre: Action Shooter (PS3)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person,Third Person
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America Feb 26, 2008 Europe Feb 28, 2008 Japan Feb 21, 2008 Australia Feb 27, 2008
- Lost Planet 3
- Lost Planet 2
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition
- Lost Planet Extreme Condition