BackgroundThe latest chapter in the Lost Planet series comes to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC in early 2013. The extreme and unpredictable conditions that characterized the Lost Planet series return, harsher than ever before. Lost Planet 3 reveals new truths about the foreboding planet and the colonial history of E.D.N. III.
Lost Planet 3 introduces Jim, a rig pilot who leaves Earth to take on a hazardous but lucrative contract on E.D.N. III. Working for Neo-Venus Construction (NEVEC) who are preparing the planet for colonization, Jim joins his fellow pioneers at the Coronis base and begins surveying the uncharted terrain and obtaining samples of the planet’s energy supply – Thermal Energy.
With NEVEC’s existing Thermal Energy reserve running low the fate of the Coronis mission depends on the natural source of the energy supply being located. Realizing that this is a great opportunity for a huge pay-off and early ticket home to his family, Jim braves the risk of the treacherous environment and threat of the indigenous Akrid. Acting as a home away from home and boasting an array of tools that can assist Jim on the field, the utility rig provides Jim’s safety and is essential for not only his contract work but also his protection against the ever-changing climate.
Lost Planet 3 will deliver a diverse range of gameplay including on-foot battles and intense first person action. With a number of multiplayer modes and a compelling single player experience, Lost Planet 3 will delve deeper into the Lost Planet universe, uncovering hidden truths within the unique and dynamic environment of E.D.N. III.
- Return to extreme conditions – Taking the series back to its roots Lost Planet 3 returns to E.D.N. III, delivering a dynamic battle field that’s more dangerous than ever before with an ever changing climate that will affect the way you play
- Brave the terrifying – Play as blue collar worker Jim, risking assignments in treacherous conditions to earn his hazard pay and return home to his family
- Home away from home – Protect yourself from hostile Akrid and the unpredictable ice storms on E.D.N. III with your utility rig. Equipped with an assortment of tools you’ll need to learn to use the rig to your advantage in order to survive
- Gameplay Variety – Offering a mix of first person combat in the rig and third person gunplay on foot
- Intense, cinematic experience –Developed with the Unreal Engine 3, Lost Planet 3 presents a visually stunning and unique terrain that impacts the gameplay
- Killer enemies – The Akrid are back, bigger and angrier and demanding a more tactical approach during combat
- Reveal the hidden truths of E.D.N. III – The uncharted world has many secrets locked away. Jim’s search for T-Energy will ultimately reveal further mysteries
- Lonely Planet? – Lost Planet 3 will support a full set of multiplayer modes that enhance players experience of the Lost Planet world
Ever wonder what it feels like to freeze to death? Well, the good folks at Capcom will tell... posted Aug 01, 13 4:18pm
I can't think of many places less hospitable than E.D.N. III, and in Lost Planet 3, poor Jim Peyton spends a good... posted Jul 09, 13 12:16pm
Lost Planet 3 multiplayer will include four modes and six maps at launch, first details and trailer emerge
No matter what game we're talking about, if guns are involved, you can bet a multiplayer mode will be added.... posted Apr 25, 13 1:39pm
Lost Planet 3, originally scheduled for July 25, has been slyly delayed until August 27. The news comes with the... posted Apr 09, 13 9:32am
Capcom decided to toss the Lost Planet 3 fans out there a little treat today. We now know the game will be... posted Mar 06, 13 10:05am
The newest trailer for Lost Planet 3 comes from gamescom, and delivers on the story I'm sure you're on the edge... posted Aug 14, 12 7:04am
The E3 trailer for the Spark Unlimited TPS Dead Space 3 Lost Planet 3 is here, and delivers more on its story and... posted Jun 04, 12 12:50pm
Capcom has said the publisher wants to reduce the development cycles for its top franchises. However, they... posted May 24, 12 9:16am
Capcom expects its forthcoming survival horror title Resident Evil 6 will ship 7 million units. The figure... posted May 11, 12 10:22am
Capcom dropped a few bombs at their most recent CAPTIVATE event out in Rome, one of which is the continuation of... posted Apr 10, 12 10:26am
- Genre: Action Shooter (PS3)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Spark Unlimited
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America Aug 27, 2013 Europe Jun 28, 2013
- Lost Planet 3
- Lost Planet 2
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition
- Lost Planet Extreme Condition