BackgroundLittleBigPlanet is a multiplayer platformer supporting up to four players, featuring levels pre-made or created by players themselves. Players customize an avatar similar to a doll to use in the levels. As the name suggests, the avatars are small and the levels mimic our world, allowing for a large playing area.
GameplayThe LittleBigPlanet experience starts with players learning about their character's powers to interact physically with the environment. There are places to explore, creative resources to collect and puzzles to solve – all requiring a combination of brains and collaborative teamwork. As soon as players begin their creative skills will grow and they will soon be ready to start creating and modifying their surroundings – the first step to sharing them with the whole community.
Characters have the power to move anything in this glued and stitched-together 3D landscape; they have the power to design, shape and build both objects and entire locations for others to view and play. There's no complicated level editor; all of these skills can be learned by simply playing the game. Creativity is part of the gameplay experience and playing is part of the creative experience. Players can make their world as open or as secretive to explore as they like. When it's ready, they can invite anyone within the LittleBigPlanet community to come and explore their patch – or can go and explore everybody else's.
- There’s not just one way to play. Players craft their own individual experience
- Unlimited possibilities for user-created content – players can customize everything: their characters, the landscape around them and their own patch on LittleBigPlanet
- Players discover and win new skills and items to aid them on their creative journey
- Initial levels will be provided – endless others will be user-generated on a global scale. LittleBigPlanet will change every day as players contribute their own levels
- Online and offline multiplayer modes – play alone, work as a team or get competitive
- LittleBigPlanet global community for players to get involved with: includes player comments, rankings and easy communication with new and existing friends
Official URLOfficial Site
LittleBigPlanet developer Media Molecule is searching for an “experienced programmer” to work on their next AAA... posted Sep 05, 12 6:37am
Media Molecule has announced that the LittleBigPlanet franchise has enjoyed seven million user-created... posted Aug 06, 12 1:12pm
[image1 link=yes width=650] Today, PlayStation 3 owners can get a first look at Twisted Metal with a... posted Jan 31, 12 2:39pm
Shortly after the PlayStation Network Store is brought back online, both PS3 and PSP users can begin to enjoy... posted May 16, 11 6:38pm
- Genre: Puzzle Games (PS3)
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: Media Molecule
- Publisher: SCEI
Released North America Oct 27, 2008 Europe Oct 29, 2008 Japan Oct 30, 2008 Australia Oct 30, 2008
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (4)