BackgroundGran Turismo 5 Prologue showcases the automotive experience that is imminent with Gran Turismo 5. Featuring over 40 meticulously detailed cars - including vehicles by Ferrari, Lotus and Nissan - for users to race on five beautifully rendered tracks from around the globe, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue runs in stunning Full High Definition at 1080p. Additionally, in conjunction with a robust offline experience, for the first time in the history of the franchise Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will support up to 16 players racing head-to-head online, complete with global leaderboards, to quell any question of who is the best driver in the "World of GT." Furthermore, a feature called My Garage allows users to develop a personal profile page within the game and interact with other car enthusiasts from around the globe.
Dedicated to expanding the user's immersion in automotive culture, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will feature access to Gran Turismo TV, a dedicated online channel available exclusively from PLAYSTATION Network that delivers some of the greatest motorsport and manufacturer content that television has to offer.
- A first for the franchise, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue supports online racing with up to 16 drivers racing simultaneously on a beautifully rendered race track.
- Race more than 60 high-performance and exhaustively detailed cars, including vehicles from Ferrari, Audi, Nissan and Mitsubishi.
- Race on five stunningly realistic tracks, including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka.
- A new physics engine delivers next-generation vehicle handling. True to the heritage of the Gran Turismo franshise, this new physics engine provides unprecedented realism and authentic handling specific to each car.
- A new in-cockpit view provides a unique perspective for racers and features a customized dashboard for each of the cars in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Real-time gauges and human animations accurately represent the true performance and handling of each vehicle.
- All-new and improved opponent AI for a nail-biting and more strategic race racing experience.
- Access to Gran Turismo TV: a clearinghouse of great motoring TV (video) programming (both HD and SD – all broadcast quality) online through PLAYSTATION Network.
- To extend the realistic driving experience, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is also compatible with the new DUALSHOCK 3 controller, which has vibration functionality.
- Quick Tune facility allows you to adjust power, tires, suspension and more.
- Gran Turismo 5 Prologue runs in stunning High Definition at 1080p (race: 1080p-60fps, replay: 1080p-30fps)
Official URLOfficial Site
Gamer Boy and 97 others own Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
ARosnes and 18 others played Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
mastermanBrilliant graphics but would prefer to have full version and would like to know a bitmore about the gameplay and what modes are in the full GranTurismo5Prologue PS3
Nov 17, 11 9:29am
HurricarnoWas a great taster to get you ready for the main game. Challenging, and with brilliant graphics. Limited options obviously. GranTurismo5Prologue PS3
Aug 22, 11 8:03am
Jul 10, 08 10:31pm
The Gran Turismo series has presented an extremely exquisite look of the...
Jun 18, 08 10:55pm
Wow, genius I must say and kudos to the makers of the GT franchise for being able to...
- Genre: Racing - Car (PS3)
- Perspective(s): First Person,Third Person
- Developer: Polyphony Digital
- Publisher: SCEA
Released North America Apr 17, 2008 Europe Mar 28, 2008 Japan Dec 13, 2007 Australia Mar 27, 2008