BackgroundGod of War 3 finds Kratos raining carnage and destruction upon the Gods who have betrayed him and the entire Ancient Greek world. Armed with his deadly double-chained blades, Kratos will take on mythology’s darkest creatures while solving intricate puzzles on his merciless quest to destroy Olympus and the mighty Zeus himself.
Set in the realm of Greek mythology, God of War 3 is a single-player game that allows players to assume the climatic role of the ex-Spartan warrior, Kratos, as he scales the intimidating heights of Mt. Olympus and descends into the dark depths of Hell once more to seek revenge on those who have betrayed him.
- PS3 Exclusive - The award-winning development team leverages the processing power and technology of PLAYSTATION 3 system to make God of War III one of the most-graphically advanced next gen titles available, with even the dramatic cut screens running off the in-game engine.
- Groundbreaking Depth of Scale - Kratos will explore areas up to 4 times larger than those found in God of War II, as well as carve through entire armies while navigating on the back of Titans - living, moving, breathing levels as tall as the Empire State Building.
- Stylized Realism - Players will battle in detailed and unique 3D worlds lit by thousands of dynamic lights and textures with quadruple the resolution, which allows for realistic muscle striations, detailed facial expressions, and new heightened levels of brutality and gore.
- Signature Gameplay - Brutal combat, intricate puzzles, exploration of awe-inspiring worlds, and a compelling and satisfying ending to Kratos' epic story.
- Sophisticated Storyline - The God of War III storyline is the epic conclusion to the triology; the storyline will be told in a way that is true to traditionalist roots in Greek mythology, from moral consequences to brutal battles against the Gods.
- Rideable Creatures - Several of the menacing creatures of Greek mythology in God of War III can now be manipulated against their will, as Kratos uses them to cross chasms, inflict blind rage against enemies, reveal puzzles and secrets, and as tools of complete annihilation.
- New Weapons and Combat System - New deadly weapons such as the Cestus -- powerful metal gauntlets with devastating strength -- and other brutal instruments of war that will allow Kratos to learn ruthless new techniques such as grappling with enemies and launching explosive wall-to-ground attacks.
- Lighting Technologies - The dynamic lighting solution employed in GOW III is only feasible through the computing power provided by the Cell SPUs. For example, using the High Dynamic Range Lighting (HDRL) technology, the camera - when using Krato's sightline - will emulate the human retina, causing players to feel a sharp brightness when Kratos exits a dark area and enters a sunlit area, similar to how the human eye would need to adjust.
The weekend has just about begun, so allow us to send you off with this humorous video from YouTube user... posted Jul 23, 10 4:47pm
GOD OF WAR 3
GOD OF WAR III
This is a unbiased & spoiler-free review of the...
Gamers were spoilt for choice when it came to the selection of high profile titles released just last month and... posted Apr 16, 10 7:14pm
- Genre: Action/Adventure (PS3)
- Theme(s): Fantasy, Historical, Ancient Cultures
- Developer: SCEA
- Publisher: SCEA
Released North America Mar 16, 2010 Europe Mar 19, 2010 Japan Mar 25, 2010 Australia Mar 18, 2010
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (1 max)