BackgroundThe God of War Collection is a PS3 port of God of War 1 and 2, collected on a single Blu-ray disc with Trophy support for both games separately.
FeaturesAnti-aliased graphics, running at 60 frames per second and Trophy support for both games.
Having trouble hunting down a copy of God of War Collection? On November 2, Sony will be providing HD updates of... posted Oct 20, 10 9:11pm
It's true; when the PlayStation 3 launched there was one thing that was holding it back from sudden success, namely it's array of launch titles. Of course there were exceptions such as Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, but there was not one game that grabbed the eye of the public.
Recently, in an interview with Game Informer, Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida commented on how there was a debate as to launch God of War II as a Playstation 2 or 3 title. Here are a few of my thoughts about God of War II being a launch title fro the PS3.
+ Firstly, it would have cemented the passion of God of War fans who may have been sitting on the fence about getting a PlayStation 3.
+ Sony wouldn't have received so much flak for its starting line-up. Mature gamers would be more enticed to by the console if Kratos turned up for the launch party.
- God of War III is a huge technical leap from the second instalment; releasing God of War II for the PlayStation 3 would have narrowed the gap slightly.
- The time taken to develop the game would have been a lot longer, probably resulting in delays. If not, the game may have been botched together to coincide with the release of the PlayStation 3.
All in all, it would have been a bad idea. God of War II was the platform for the final game, and releasing it for the PlayStation 3 would have cut anticipation by a healthy margin. When launched on the PlayStation 2, GOW II shone brilliantly and is still regarded as one of the best PS2 games to date.
Neoseeker's review for God of War Collection can be seen here.
tgd god of war ii ps3 god of war iii playstation 3 playstation 2 gaming related
For those who know little about the God of War Collection, it is a revamp of the first two games in the series... posted Oct 27, 09 8:10pm
- Genre: Action/Adventure (PS3)
- Theme(s): Alternate History, Fantasy, Ancient Cultures, Supernatural/Occult
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Bluepoint Games
- Publisher: SCEA
Released North America Nov 17, 2009 Europe Apr 30, 2010 Japan Mar 18, 2010 Australia Apr 29, 2010