BackgroundA new four-player online co-op 2D action RPG from legendary developer Vanillaware.
In Dragon's Crown, six powerful adventurers and their unique abilities are available for players to explore the fantastical world of Hydeland with:
- The Fighter, who uses his armor and quick-hitting attacks to tank and destroy enemies
- The Dwarf, who specializes in getting up close and personal with grapple attacks
- The Amazon, who moves quickly and wields a giant axe to unleash massive damage
- The Wizard, who blasts fire at single targets or in pillars to incinerate foes
- The Elf, who uses her bow and agility to launch devastating volleys and escape danger
- The Sorceress, who uses ice magic and summoned skeletons to control the battlefield
Game PlayGroups of adventurers will be challenged in the labyrinthine dungeons surrounding the medieval fantasy kingdom of Hydeland. As they explore deeper into the dungeons, non-player characters such as Samuel the Adventurer's Guild leader and Lucain, the wizard come in to play with quests and tasks, which slowly unravel the story behind the ultimate treasure, the Dragon's Crown.
- Safety in numbers - It's not safe in the world of Hydeland, so it's best not to go it alone. Up to four players or AI compatriots can delve into dungeons simultaneously by using either the drop-in multiplayer on PlayStation 3 or via adhoc network on PlayStation Vita. Cross-platform play is not supported.
- If it's not nailed down...- Expert thief NPC Rannie will join players on their adventures to pick locks, open treasure chests, reveal hidden passageways, and collect loot.
- The skills to succeed - Massive skill tree options in Dragon's Crown allows for plenty of custom-tailoring, whether it's beefing up health or magic abilities or tweaking the abilities of the individual characters.
Official URLOfficial Website
Atlus releases the fifth and final game update for Vanillaware's 2D dungeon brawler, Dragon's... posted Dec 20, 13 12:19pm
Ah, here's a refreshing opportunity to show off Dragon's Crown without reigniting the controversy. Atlus and posted Apr 26, 13 10:36am
It's one thing to make an overly sexualized game and sell it as, "What people want." It's another thing... posted Apr 23, 13 10:50am
It's not that there haven't been any great co-op games lately, though there has certainly been less than usual.... posted Mar 25, 13 8:48am
It's been near to a year since we heard any information related to Vanillaware's epic brawler Dragon's Crown.... posted Mar 21, 13 9:25am
[image1 width=640 height=336] New hope for Dragon's Crown has arrived in a big way thanks to Atlus, who... posted Apr 20, 12 9:56am