Dead or Alive 5 is being upgraded to version 1.03 soonish, and with that patch will comes a variety of tweaks... posted Dec 31, 12 8:27am
Yet another costume pack is here for fighter Dead or Alive 5, this one bringing in the Christmas spirit with... posted Dec 19, 12 8:24am
Yet another costume pack is coming to Dead or Alive 5. This one includes China-made outfits, formal get-ups, and... posted Nov 27, 12 7:07am
If you've ever wanted to buy virtual swimsuits for about $1 each, now's your chance: the "Player's Swimwear Set"... posted Nov 14, 12 7:00am
Dead or Alive 5 owners can treat themselves to a bunch of free character outfits today via the PlayStation... posted Oct 02, 12 7:53am
Dead or Alive 5 launched yesterday, and has since been doing reasonably well with critics. If you're still curious... posted Sep 26, 12 7:38am
Dead or Alive 5 launched yesterday, and has since been doing reasonably well with critics. If you're still... posted Sep 26, 12 7:37am
Tecmo Koei revealed today their lineup for this year's Tokyo Game Show, and it's looking pretty heavy on the... posted Sep 17, 12 5:04pm
In today's Dead or Alive 5 update, Team Ninja introduces us to MMA fighter Mila, an aspiring champion who,... posted Sep 11, 12 2:05pm
Team Ninja studio head Yosuke Hayashi inherited his position from the legendary developer Tomonobu Itagaki, but... posted Aug 23, 12 10:06am
BackgroundDead or Alive 5 is the long awaited, next installment of the DOA franchise.
Game PlayFights in Dead or Alive are based on a triangle system: strikes beat throws, throws beat holds, and holds beat strikes. When you land an attack of one type that beats another type, like landing a strike when an opponent tries to throw, that attack becomes a Hi Counter attack and does even more damage.
- Holds - Dead or Alive fights are more than just strikes and throws. You have to know how to use holds too. Right when your opponent throws a strike, do a hold to deflect it and attack them back for a lot of damage in one move.
- Blockbuster Stages - Two fighters battle it out as the walls around them crumble, generators explode, and entire buildings collapse beneath their feet! In Dead or Alive, you don't just watch the blockbuster action, you cause it. Use the new Power Blow move to knock your opponent into the series' signature Danger Zones to cause major damage and mayhem!
- Power Blows - Hold R1/RB to trigger a Power Blow. This is a powerful move that lets you set a direction to blow your opponent away. Once the Power Blow hits, aim the camera left or right with the directional buttons/directional pad, then send your opponent flying! You have to hold the control for a little while to charge up the move, but you can do it as often as you like. Do you knock them into a Danger Zone for certain damage, or do you send them off a cliff to try for even more damage—and risk doing none?
With more jiggle than a Jello shot, Dead or Alive 5 promises to deliver a bevy of bosoms for your enjoyment. Oh yeah, and there's some fighting hidden in there as well. Check out our review inside. »Read Full Article
- Dead or Alive 4 (2005)
- Dead or Alive 5 (2012)
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (2006)
- Dead or Alive: Code Cronus (2005)
- Dead Or Alive 2: Hardcore (2000)
- Dead or Alive (1998)
- Dead or Alive 2 (2000)
- Dead or Alive Paradise (2010)
- Dead or Alive Dimensions (2011)
- Dead or Alive (1997)
- DOA: Dead or Alive (1995)