With the PSN down, I had to find another single player game that I hadn't played to...
So Capcom decide to enter 2010 not just by publishing a crossover fighter...
Dark Void hit retailers shortly before industry giant Mass Effect 2, which may have contributed to the lack of... posted Feb 04, 10 8:36pm
Capcom thinks you'll really like Dark Void because gamers are suckers for jet packs. As such, they're throwing... posted Jan 05, 10 7:33pm
Dark Void is nearing it's mid-January release date, and Capcom has come out with a new trailer, this time... posted Dec 11, 09 10:19pm
Earlier this week, Capcom released what they said would be the final cinematic trailer for Dark Void. Soon... posted Dec 03, 09 9:43pm
BackgroundSomething is consuming our universe, a vast and ancient force almost beyond our comprehension. Millions of years ago, the minions of that power found their way to the 3rd planet of an unremarkable yellow star. Ours. The race they created came to call their masters "The Watchers." For millennia we knew them as gods and served their dark purposes, but a few humans developed extraordinary powers. They were known as the Adepts and they rose up, banishing The Watchers into a parallel universe, where they've manipulated and schemed from afar. Until now.
Dark Void is a sci-fi action-adventure game that combines an adrenaline-fuelled blend of aerial and ground-pounding combat. Set in a parallel universe called “The Void,” players take on the role of Will, a pilot dropped into incredible circumstances within the mysterious Void. This unlikely hero soon finds himself swept into a desperate struggle for survival, joining forces with a rebel human group called The Survivors. Trapped in the Void, these resistance fighters are battling to hold off a mysterious alien race that plans to threaten Earth.
GameplayDark Void lets you take on the role of Will; a pilot dropped into incredible circumstances while on a routine air cargo flight.
Dark Void's unique combination of in-air and on-ground combat creates a thrilling new gameplay dynamic to the third-person shooter experience. Taking 3D action to a whole new level, Dark Void's vertical combat system allows players to dangle from thousand foot drops as they take cover and drop enemies from above and below, bringing a whole new sense of vulnerability and thrill to the player. Defying gravity in vertical combat is only half the battle as, over time, Will is upgraded to a powerful rocket pack which allows for fierce in-air combat as gamers are able to fly through the void at unparallel speeds shooting down anything that gets in their path. Blasting away at massive bosses has never been this much fun as Dark Voidâ"¢ offers a unique grip system made up of a variety of grip-based mini-games including skyjacking UFOs mid-flight.
- Sci-Fi Action-Adventure combines aerial and on-foot combat for unparallel 3D third-person shooter experience
- Gravity-defying vertical combat system where moving up is the only way to bring your enemies down
- Unique grip system that allows the players to scale walls jumping from surface to surface or hijack UFO’s while in mid-air
- Explosive hover and rocket pack and special in-air moves allow players to fly with reckless abandon while performing hair-raising stunts
- The Void- a mind-bending parallel world where an evil alien race called, “The Watchers” are waiting…
- Mysterious thought-provoking storyline based on conspiracy theory and strange phenomenon
- Main character, Will, is a regular pilot turned unlikely superhero in a wild ride to save humanity