BackgroundBrütal Legend tells the tale Eddie Riggs, the ultimate roadie. The "roadie's roadie", Eddie is the 1st person anyone calls when they need guitars tuned or stages rigged. With a love for hot rods and a photographic memory for every Heavy Metal album cover, and the lyrics those albums contained, committed to memory, Eddie has always felt out of place, like he should have been born earlier, when the music was real.
One night a stage accident knocks Eddie unconscious. With his blood dripping into the belt buckle he wears, a gift from his father, his blood quenches an ancient thirst that sucks him into a world that looks very strange yet oddly familiar, a world where every Heavy Metal album cover and lyric Eddie knows has come to life, a world where the evil emperor Doviculus and his demon army, The Tainted Coil, have enslaved the last remaining humans.
Led by Lars Halford alongside his sister Lita and the mysterious Ophelia, the human resistance is far from helpless. However, what they lack is someone to bring them all together; someone who can organize them and lead them into battle, what they need is a roadie. Under Eddie's command, this barbaric force of hot-rods, Marshall stacks, leather, and chrome will bring this ancient world into the age of Metal.
- Action Combat! – Brütal Legend's core gameplay is classic Action. From close quarter blows delivered by The Separator, Eddie's blood soaked broad axe, to ranged combat from your demon-slaying guitar named Clementine, as well as vehicular attacks supplied by your hot rod, The Deuce (aka The Druid Plow), Brütal Legend delivers deep, rewarding, fun combat that will have you throwing your "devil horns" in the air.
- A World Like No Other – Inspired by some of the most iconic album art and lyrics of all-time, Brütal Legend features a streaming, open world rich with detail, from mountains made of guitar amps to big block V8 engines rising from the ground, delivering a world truly unique and unlike anything you've seen before.
- Titans of Stage and Screen – Lead by Jack Black as the voice of Eddie Riggs, the epic cast of Brütal Legend features vocal talent providing by some of Metal's biggest names, including Rob Halford of Judas Priest, Lemmy Kilmister of Motörhead, Lita Ford and more.
- Online Multiplayer – Take the Metal madness online in Brütal Legend's Multiplayer mode that combines action combat with a strategic unit-control mechanic that allows the player to direct their army in The Battle of the Bands, where the ultimate trophy is survival
- Upgrade Your Arsenal – Gain "Lighter Tributes" throughout the world and visit The Motorforge, where you can upgrade The Separator, Clementine and The Deuce to make them even more lethal on the battlefields
- Tim Schafer – Known for creating a level depth and humor in his characters, Tim Schafer is consistently recognized as one of the gaming industry's premier designers and has written such classics as Full Throttle, Grim Fandango and PsychoNauts.
- Fully Licensed Soundtrack - Brütal Legend will feature a fully licensed soundtrack that includes some of the greatest Metal and Rock and Roll songs ever assembled.
Official URLOfficial Site
Despite the Steam database leaks not so long ago, we couldn't be certain that Brutal Legend was coming to PC... posted Feb 13, 13 2:58pm
Double Fine head Tom Schafer has blamed poor messaging on the performance of Brutal Legend. Schafer stated... posted Sep 06, 12 3:13pm
Brutal Legend is an ambitious game by an ambitious creator, but too much ambition and not enough effort can only go so far.
quote CrazyhandRead the rest of this review and leave feedbackWhen you think about metal, you think about a bunch of dudes banging on their drums, randomly strumming their guitars, and screaming into the mic like dying hyenas. Although people have proved this ignorant stereotype wrong time and time again, who cares, ignorance for the win! Besides, that just means one less poser in the metal culture.. So here's a game that embelishes the culture - the music, and the positive stereotypes... I hate Metalocalypse because it glorifies the negative stereotypes associated with metal (that, and it's about as funny as Dane "MAYBE IF I YELL IT'LL BE FUNNY" Cook), whereas Brutal Legend brings out the fun loving side of metal! Grab a beer and enjoy!
Brutal Legend starts off with Eddie Riggs, the world's best roadie for the world's worst bands, wishing that he could go back to a time when metal was awesome. One night, during a freak accident with one of the props and electricity, Eddie sacrifices himself to save one of the dumbass tweens, and thanks to his belt buckle which is actually an amulet of the fire beast Ormageddon, he's transported to somewhere ripped right out of the stone ages. After some formalities, he learns of a plot by the Hair Metal army lead by Lionwhyte, who looks like a mash up of every hair metal band member at once... shit, he has so much hair, he can fly by flapping it! But yeah, Eddie has to stop him from reviving an evil monster god and has to take down the oppressive emperor known as Doviculus.
playstation 3 neoseeker related gaming related articles of excellence contest review brutal legend crazyhand
When you think about metal, you think about a bunch of dudes banging on their drums,...
EA and Double Fine are tossing out another downloadable content pack next week for Brütal Legend, much to the... posted Dec 09, 09 8:10pm
Running Electronic Arts (EA)'s Q2 financial numbers yesterday, we noted the company seemed like it would be... posted Nov 10, 09 5:39pm
For all you Brutal Legend players out there, you'll be able to rock and slash your way on new grounds as EA and... posted Oct 28, 09 1:20am