BackgroundBlackSite: Area 51, developed by Midway Studios Austin, is a next-generation game that will redefine the first person shooter (FPS) genre. While other FPS titles claim to feature "action-packed, highly realistic gameplay," BlackSite: Area 51 takes next-gen gaming to an all-new level integrating cutting edge technology, game design and story writing to create the ultimate entertainment experience. The player's modern-day emotions and fears are driven into a world charged with grave responsibility affecting lives hanging in the balance and eventually finding himself torn between his professional orders and his own ethical standards. In the end, only the actions of the player and his squad can shape the outcome of BlackSite: Area 51 during this potentially pivotal moment in history.
- A Living, Breathing Squad - Your elite Special Forces squad, assembled from the finest soldiers in today's military, responds to your orders and your leadership in the most realistic in-game visuals imaginable.
- Lead your squad well and they'll rally behind you when the enemy brings the fight, but waver in the face of the enemy and their morale will sink accordingly, affecting their aim, their fatigue, and the will to fight.
- Online Multiplayer Modes - Players will have a wide variety of traditional online modes, such as Death-Match, Team-Death-Match and Capture-the-Flag. All-new, unique modes will also be available in the form of Human vs. Reborn mode and the new Siege mode, where teams try to capture each other's squad members on the way to controlling territory.
- Drive, Shoot and Ride - Drive the latest military HMMWVs, ATVs, and commandeer civilian vehicles, or take a seat in the gunner's position in daring, low-level helicopter raids against enemy positions.
- Unique One-Button Squad Command - As Squad Leader, you have the power, the authority, and the duty to command your troops to perform a variety of complex actions, including planting C-4, sniping an enemy in the guard tower, or taking control of various vehicles. Players will also have the ability to control all squad commands with the press of a single button, without the hassle of clunky menus and/or multiple button taps.
- Realistic, Fully Interactive Environments - In the ultimate mission-based, player-driven FPS game, take your Squad down any one of multiple paths to solve problems and defeat enemies. Strategically use cover points and blow away others in huge levels where nearly everything you see is destructible.
Official URLOfficial Site
HullCityTiger33 and 4 others own BlackSite: Area 51
chaoticNot even close to a worthy sequel to Area 51 on Xbox 1. BlackSiteArea51 PS3
Jun 12, 09 11:11am
- Genre: Action Shooter (PS3)
- Theme(s): Military, Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Midway
- Publisher: Midway
Released North America Dec 10, 2007 Europe Mar 7, 2008 Australia Mar 6, 2008
- Also known as:
- BlackSite in Europe