BackgroundSet approximately 10 years after the events of the original BioShock, the halls of Rapture once again echo with sins of the past. Along the Atlantic coastline, a monster has been snatching little girls and bringing them back to the undersea city of Rapture. You are the very first Big Daddy as you travel through the decrepit and beautiful fallen city, chasing an unseen foe in search of answers and your own survival.
Multiplayer in BioShock 2 provides a rich prequel experience that expands the award winning BioShock gameplay. Set during the fall of Rapture, players assume the role of a Plasmid test subject in the underwater city that was first explored in the original BioShock. Players will need to use all the elements of the game’s toolset to survive as the full depth of the BioShock experience is refined and transformed into a unique multiplayer experience that can only be found in Rapture.
- Evolution of the Genetically Enhanced Shooter: Innovative advances bring new depth and dimension to each encounter. New elements, such as the ability to dual-wield weapons and Plasmids, allow players to create exciting combinations of punishment
- Return to Rapture: Set approximately 10 years after the events of the original BioShock, the story continues with an epic, more intense journey through one of the most captivating and terrifying fictional worlds ever created
- You Are the Big Daddy: Take control of BioShock’s signature and iconic symbol with the original prototype Big Daddy, and experience the power and raw strength of Rapture’s most feared denizens as you battle powerful new enemies
- Continuation of the Award-Winning Narrative: New and unique storytelling devices serve as the vehicle for the continuation of one of gaming’s most acclaimed storylines
- Genetically Enhanced Multiplayer – Earn experience points during gameplay to earn access to new Weapons, Plasmids and Tonics that can be used to create hundreds of different combinations, allowing players to develop a unique character that caters to their playing style.
- Experience Rapture’s Civil War– Players will step into the shoes of Rapture citizens and take direct part in the civil war that tore Rapture apart.
- See Rapture Before the Fall – Experience Rapture before it was reclaimed by the ocean and engage in combat over iconic environments in locations such as Kashmir Restaurant and Mercury Suites, all of which have been reworked from the ground up for multiplayer.
- FPS Veterans Add Their Touch to the Multiplayer Experience – Digital Extremes brings more than 10 years of first person shooter experience including development of award-winning entries in the Unreal® and Unreal Tournament® franchise.
My expectations are that everyone here at Neo has already played through the original BioShock, but sometimes... posted Jan 04, 13 8:00am
The British Board of Film Classification has confirmed the BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition. BioShock and... posted Jun 18, 12 12:12am
If you simply cannot get enough BioShock 2 -- even with all the DLC we've already seen -- the latest... posted Aug 31, 10 9:16pm
[image1 link=yes width=325 float=right] Reception to BioShock's sequel has been mixed, with some fans feeling... posted Aug 13, 10 5:10pm
When you've had enough of protecting your Little Sister, maybe it's time to explore some of the unseen areas of... posted Aug 05, 10 4:05pm
Not much into multiplayer? Try the BioShock 2 single-player DLC, then. Today, the 'Protector Trials' add-on is... posted Aug 03, 10 7:59pm
- Genre: Action Shooter (PS3)
- Theme(s): Alternate Reality, Fantasy, Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: 2K Games
- Publisher: 2K Games
Released North America Feb 9, 2010 Europe Feb 9, 2010 Japan Mar 4, 2010 Australia Feb 9, 2010