BackgroundThis world has gone through many Dusks, and is slowly nearing its end. Within this world, in the western reaches of the "Land of Dusk," there was a nation that prospered thanks to its use of alchemy. There, in order to survive the eventual arrival of the "Dusk End," the people devoted their efforts to rediscover and recreate lost alchemic technologies. Rediscovered technology from the past era was gathered in the alchemy research city known as "Central," where research was conducted on how to halt the advance of the twilight.
One of the heroes is a young man who researched alchemy in Central, the other a girl living in a small town on the frontier. This girl's name is Escha. In the process of using her knowledge of ancient alchemy to help others, she was assigned to the Development Department. The young man's name is Logy. Having learned the newest alchemic techniques in Central, he requested a transfer to this understaffed town to make use of his abilities, and meets Escha when he is assigned to the Development Department as well. The two make a promise to use their alchemy together, and bring success to the Development Department.
Game PlayFor the first time on PlayStation 3, Atelier series players can choose if they will follow the story of Escha or Logy, a novelty that offers a unique story perspective and gameplay experience. Escha’s story is a delightful tale of the everyday adventures of an alchemist that Atelier series’ fans love, whereas Logy’s story follows a darker approach filled with traditional RPG elements and focused on world exploration.
- Two protagonists, two stories, more gameplay. Depending on which protagonist a player selects, the story and events will unfold from different perspectives. For players who enjoy the traditional Atelier series, Escha’s story will fulfill their alchemy RPG needs! For players who enjoy a classic RPG, or are newcomers to the series, they can choose Logy’s story to begin their journey in the Atelier universe!
- Battle with more teammates! Traditionally, in the Atelier series, only 3 characters could join the battle party, but in Atelier Escha & Logy ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~, players can have a maximum of 6 characters in battle to allow for more strategy and faster-paced fights!
- Streamlined synthesis welcomes newcomers and long-time series fans! The synthesis system and interface have been streamlined to make item creation more approachable and enjoyable. As their Synthesis level goes up, players will be able to access more items for synthesis.
- Fast-paced, turn-based combat system! Battles are fought using a turn-based combat system, but character actions and command inputs are optimized for fast-paced fights. During battle, players can use support attacks, in which allied characters hop in and appear one after another in an effort to execute impressive follow-up attacks! Utilize the assist attack system to rule the battlefield!
- Alchemist-exclusive attack, Double Draw! As Alchemists, Escha and Logy can use the various items they create through synthesis during battle. Atelier Escha & Logy ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ has expounded on that concept and created a new alchemist-exclusive command, “Double Draw,” which allows consecutive item use while also increasing their effects!
- Gorgeous graphics with lively characters! Characters’ faces are meticulously animated and show a wide range of expressions. With the newly implemented engine, the characters in Atelier Escha & Logy ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ really come to life!
Official URLOfficial Site (JP)
Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky FAQ/Walkthrough - Drache the Dork
Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky Exploration Guide v0.8
Tecmo Koei has achemisized (yes I just made up that word) a whole messload of new screens for... posted Dec 10, 13 11:52am
It seems like just when we think we're wrapping up coverage of one Atelier title another two... posted Oct 24, 13 8:39am
- Genre: Fantasy RPG (PS3)
- Developer: Gust
- Publisher: Koei Tecmo
Released North America Mar 14, 2014 Japan Jun 27, 2013
- Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland
- Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
- Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk
- Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland
- Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
- Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland
- Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland
- Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland
- Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland
- Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm
- Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny
- Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana
- Atelier 5 - The Alchemist of Gramnat 2 (Import)
- Atelier Lillie (import)