BackgroundOne year ago, Kazuma Kiryu left it all behind
Marking the anniversary of his split from Yakuza life, Kazuma and his adopted daughter, Haruka, visit the graves of his Yakuza family. When they get a surprise visit from Terada, the Chairman who took charge of Kazuma's old Yakuza clan, Terada makes Kazuma an offer he cannot refuse
Yakuza 2 plunges you once more into the violent Japanese underworld. In intense brutal clashes with rival gangs, the police, and the Korean mafia, you will have even more opportunities to dole out punishment with an improved fighting engine. As the heroic Kazuma Kiryu from the original Yakuza, explore Tokyo and now Osaka. Wander through the back alleys of Japan's underworld while trying to prevent an all-out gang war in over 16 complex, cinematic chapters written by Hase Seishu, the famous Japanese author who also wrote the first Yakuza. Endless conflicts and surprise plot twists will immerse you in a dark shadowy world where only the strongest will survive.
- • Authentic, cinematic sequel. The gritty, genuine portrayal of life in the Yakuza is made more realistic throughout 16 gripping chapters with a return to the original Japanese voice cast and English subtitles.
• Twice as much to explore. There is now more to see and do than ever before in the hugely expanded world of the Yakuza. Visit bowling alleys and driving ranges, as well as cabarets and bars, all licensed from actual Japanese establishments.
• A vibrant, true-to-life world. Like the real Yakuza, you must ingrain yourself in the authentic, neon-lit adult playgrounds of Tokyo and Osaka and become a regular at nightclubs, hostess clubs, restaurants and stores to gain access to secret services and uncover tips.
• Brutal hand-to-hand brawling. An improved fighting engine allows you to fight numerous enemies at once with less load times and smoother camera angles. Experience points earned from brawls will help build up strength, stamina and fighting techniques.
• The intensity of battle is raised. By stringing together a combination of fighting moves, you'll take out multiple enemies simultaneously. Objects in the environment can be used as weapons and even more context-sensitive Heat moves, like throwing foes down the stairs or off a balcony, will give you the upper hand in battle.
Official URLOfficial Site
A trailer has been released for the recently announced Yakuza 1&2 HD upgrade, and does well to show off its... posted Jul 19, 12 7:34am
Japanese magazine Famitsu has confirmed previous rumors regarding a Yakuza HD collection. The latest issue of... posted Jul 18, 12 4:58am
- Genre: Adventure (PS2)
- Developer: Amusement Vision
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Sep 9, 2008 Europe Sep 5, 2008 Japan Dec 6, 2007 Australia Dec 21, 2007
- Ryu ga Gotoku 1&2 HD Edition (Import)
- Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! (Import) (2008)
- Ryu ga Gotoku Of the End (Import) (2011)
- Ryu ga Gotoku: Ishin! (2014)
- Yakuza 3 (2010)
- Yakuza 4 (2011)
- Yakuza (2006)
- Yakuza (2011)
- Ryu ga Gotoku: Ishin! (2014)